Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Sabertooth | Core i7-3960x (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a couple of hours, I'll try to upload it...not sure it'll work though.

Currently I can't even get the ML installer to boot keeps giving me a blackscreen after loading even with using flags : GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1

bios settings are from page 1 even tried disabling vt-d and pushing pcie from gen 3 to gen 2.

getting a bit desperate over here..

Let me give you a solid piece of advice that I wish someone told me a couple of months ago:

Clone your Boot drive before you change anything!

That way, when you change/update/tweak anything, if all of a sudden it doesn't go as planned, you can simply go to your cloned system drive and restore things the way they were. At least you'll be back in business until you can figure out what is going on.

Let me give you a solid piece of advice that I wish someone told me a couple of months ago:

Clone your Boot drive before you change anything!

That way, when you change/update/tweak anything, if all of a sudden it doesn't go as planned, you can simply go to your cloned system drive and restore things the way they were. At least you'll be back in business until you can figure out what is going on.

no clone made i do have a time machine backup but can't restore that untill the installer works.. aahrg..

Yea hard drive will work, 10000 rpm is just its speed has nothing to do with hackintosh. GTX 600 series work out of the box on mountain lion so no need to do any extra settings or tweaks. Yea I will be running finalcut pro sometime too.

Just make a ML boot USB with unibeast, how to do that found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

Boot from usb, during bios post just keep hitting f8 until the boot selection menu shows up then select your usb, boot with the following peramaters without quotes "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" Once OSX has loaded go to disk utilities and format your desired hdd OSX Journaled with GUID partition. Then install ML. Once thats done again you must boot from usb with those paramaters and finish setting up your mac.

Run multibeast, for my build which is asus sabertooth x79, intel i7 3930k, Nvidia GTX 670FTW, with 2tb 7200rpm sata hdd. I had multibeast install the following kexts (look at attached screenshot) if you are gonna be running an ssd then TRIM Enabler must be ticked off in multibeast. Reboot after install.

This time since the bootloader was installed you can boot from your hdd (if you have windows installed first then you may have to hit f8 on post to select your mac hdd to boot off of), you have to boot with only "GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1" this time.

Modify "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" which is located in your mac hdd drive/extra so that GraphicsEnabler=No is set automatically, then download kextbeast found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=32 and extract it to the desktop same with VoodooTSCSync.kext (found as attachment to this post) then run kext beast and reboot.

Now you should just be able to boot into mac without any parameters and have all cpu cores active. That is how i did my build and I hope it works for you too.

Don't forget if you have to keep hitting f8 to boot into mac it is probably because windows has set itself as the active partition, I think you have to unmark it as active in disk management within windows and set your mac as active. I did not do this because I mostly use pc so I like to boot from mac manually.

My build specs:
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7 3930k
SSD: Intel 520 series 180gb SSD (Running Windows)
HDDs: 2x Segate Barracuda 7200rpm 62mb cache 2tb hdds (One for PC storage other for Mac OSX)
Ram: Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 64gb
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2gb

so couldn't fix my machine and did a clean install...

sadly I still need to boot the machin wich PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0 before the machine will start... any idea on what settings I have done wrong ?

all cores work but still needing to be using pcirootuid=0 npci=0 seems strange...

so couldn't fix my machine and did a clean install...

sadly I still need to boot the machin wich PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0 before the machine will start... any idea on what settings I have done wrong ?

all cores work but still needing to be using pcirootuid=0 npci=0 seems strange...

try adding KernelCache=No on the bootflags, see if that helps

Yea hard drive will work, 10000 rpm is just its speed has nothing to do with hackintosh. GTX 600 series work out of the box on mountain lion so no need to do any extra settings or tweaks. Yea I will be running finalcut pro sometime too.

Just make a ML boot USB with unibeast, how to do that found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibea...untain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

Boot from usb, during bios post just keep hitting f8 until the boot selection menu shows up then select your usb, boot with the following peramaters without quotes "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 cpus=1" Once OSX has loaded go to disk utilities and format your desired hdd OSX Journaled with GUID partition. Then install ML. Once thats done again you must boot from usb with those paramaters and finish setting up your mac.

Run multibeast, for my build which is asus sabertooth x79, intel i7 3930k, Nvidia GTX 670FTW, with 2tb 7200rpm sata hdd. I had multibeast install the following kexts (look at attached screenshot) if you are gonna be running an ssd then TRIM Enabler must be ticked off in multibeast. Reboot after install.

This time since the bootloader was installed you can boot from your hdd (if you have windows installed first then you may have to hit f8 on post to select your mac hdd to boot off of), you have to boot with only "GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1" this time.

Modify "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" which is located in your mac hdd drive/extra so that GraphicsEnabler=No is set automatically, then download kextbeast found here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=32 and extract it to the desktop same with VoodooTSCSync.kext (found as attachment to this post) then run kext beast and reboot.

Now you should just be able to boot into mac without any parameters and have all cpu cores active. That is how i did my build and I hope it works for you too.

Don't forget if you have to keep hitting f8 to boot into mac it is probably because windows has set itself as the active partition, I think you have to unmark it as active in disk management within windows and set your mac as active. I did not do this because I mostly use pc so I like to boot from mac manually.

My build specs:
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7 3930k
SSD: Intel 520 series 180gb SSD (Running Windows)
HDDs: 2x Segate Barracuda 7200rpm 62mb cache 2tb hdds (One for PC storage other for Mac OSX)
Ram: Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 64gb
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2gb

What version of MultiBeast are you using? Mine doesn't look like that... I have the same approx specs as you except I have the GTX 560 Ti

Should I update to 10.7.5? No ideas... Please help.

My solution is for Sound is working. Try other forum and search for no sound 892 .. there are
many other users with same problems.. and any solutions.
i made many attempts (every one with clean install) and only this one worked for me....

Hi Rafaelj,

did you use MB 4.6.1? care to share a screenshot what made the audio work? thanks1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 7.47.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 7.47.16 PM.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 523
FIXED! Power cord was not seated properly. :)

THe excitement was building, I got my vid. card in and I was ready to boot for the first time. I push the button the fans start the lights come on and I am waiting to see text on the screen. But I do not. It is black and stays black. I franticly shut down and boot again. Nothing. Then I am on the web. Looking for answers. After looking in a few places, I see where I may need to flash my bios. BUt I was told not to on the the x79 Sabertooth. I try to install the 1104 rom with a flash drive. No luck. I saw that my ram my not be compatible. (I have the CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9.) Now I see that Asus has a list of good RAM to use. Yet, I do not see any 8 gig sticks. So I am thinking the list has not been updated in awhile. I am flustered and need help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back