Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm new to the Hackintosh scene and have had fun with this project learning some of the ins and outs. I've pieced together everything identically to this build except the video card. I have a 4 month old gtx 570 I got from macvidcards that I've been using in my mac pro. So I've been try to get that to work in this build with no luck. I've spent several days over the last week or so researching and experimenting using trial and error.

Using what is outlined at the beginning of this thread I can't get my rig to boot properly in Lion, makes sense it's an ATI specific build. So I've experimented and got the other guy's install booting fine however no support for the graphics in Lion. I get 1024x768 resolution, it registers the card correctly but no drivers. If I install the Nvida support kexts or quadro 4000 mac drivers I get a black screen I can't get past even if I opt to use any of the command line flags.

In mountain lion I had full graphics support right away. But no sound, and when I installed any variation of kexts or chimera from multibeast it wouldn't boot. I could only boot from the usb stick.

I've installed and uninstalled lion and mountain lion combined probably 30 times. To add insult to injury I can't get past the gray apple screen with the usb installer using Unibeast 1.5.3 in either lion or mountain lion (I had little trouble with either using 1.5.2). If I use any of the command line flags I either hang on the gray apple screen, go black, or at the end of the command line routine that runs for -s or -v I am stuck and can't type anything. I had issues with the mountain lion installer using 1.5.2 and was able to use -s and type exit to load the installer. No dice with 1.5.3.

I was hoping to use the latest Hexa BIOS and DSDT to get things running and I can't get to the installer with 1.5.3. and sadly didn't save a copy of 1.5.2 for mountain lion.

I have a copy of unibeast 1.5.2 for lion so I have lion back on my machine booting fine with no functional graphics drivers. I've ordered the radeon outlined in the build list to get this machine running so I can do work with it.

A few questions:
What am I missing to get the gtx 570 working?
Or is it the fact that it's a flashed for mac card that is the issue?
I can't find an archived unibeast 1.5.2 for mountain lion, is there one?
Is anyone else having issues getting to the installers using unibeast 1.5.3?

Thanks!

I used Unibeast 1.5.3 with a Evga GTX 570 2.5gb. I am on bios 1305. I had troubles getting into the installer. The switches I used to get the installer running is:

-v -f -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This worked for me. I have some refinements to do. not currently using a dsdt. I have audio, graphics, usb. No problems with authenticating app store, icloud, etc.

I suspect this is the case. AFAIK, hackintosh interacts with a graphics card more like a PC than a real mac, which is why you can use a much wider variety of cards in a hackintosh.

Does anyone have a dsdt for bios 1305? im using nvidia gtx 570.

Well mostly success for me so far with BIOS 2105. After some lengthy trial and error here's what I had to do:

Made new UniBeast ML installer
Copied VoodooTSCSync.kext into USB in both E/E and S/L/E
Booted off USB using the following strings:

-v npci=0x2000
GraphicsEnabler=No

Installed ML onto SSD
Booted off SSD via USB with same strings as above
Used KextBeast to install the following:

VoodooTSCSync.kext
CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext
CalDigitFastIO.kext

Installed new MultiBeast 5 with Hexa's DSDT for 2105 with the following options:

User DSDT
Drivers & Bootloaders-Drivers-Audio-Realtek ALC8xx-With DSDT-ALC898
Disk-3rd Party SATA
Disk-3rd Party eSATA
Disk-TRIM Enabler
Miscellaneous-NullCPUPowerManagement
Network-hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
Customization-System Definitions-Mac Pro-Mac Pro 5,1
Customization-Themes-Chameleon 2.0 Default

After I installed that I then edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the following:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Uakari</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And so far so good. Boot is good with no errors, system reports lists the correct video card, USB 3.0 works, and TRIM support works. What isn't working is the onboard audio. Did I select the wrong option in MultiBeast, or is there a kext I have to get?

What isn't working is the onboard audio. Did I select the wrong option in MultiBeast, or is there a kext I have to get?
Multibeast's 898 audio kext doesn't work, nor did it in the last version. Use Toleda's interim Ivy Bridge 898. It will work with the HDEF audio edit in the DSDT.

Does anyone have a dsdt for bios 1305? im using nvidia gtx 570.
I have the same card and have it fully injected (GraphicsEnabler=No, full OpenGL/CL, and QE) in DSDT for 1101. I can either send you my current version of "Hexa's 1101 DSDT", or I can add the edit to Hexa's 2105 and send it, or I can send you the code and you can add it to whatever DSDT you desire.

A few questions:
I can't find an archived unibeast 1.5.2 for mountain lion, is there one?
Is anyone else having issues getting to the installers using unibeast 1.5.3?

Thanks!

To get through the installer, Type "PCIRootUID=0" (without the quotes) at the tonymacx menu screen and hit enter, as it says you may have to in the guide for 1.5.3.

My EVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB works full in ML with no hacks, DSDT, or any Multibeast graphics options installed or required. EDIT: Just figured out that OpenCL is actually not working but CUDA is so I'll post back when I figure it out (Multibeast 5xx CL support not working for me).

EDIT: I had to perform the netkas hex edit on the OpenCL framework myself. OpenCL now works. I have since injected the card into my DSDT to boot GE=No, but it works the same, DSDT or not. The only thing you'll need in ML is CUDA Driver 5 unless you're not using CUDA aware apps. In lion I had to use the Multibeast 4.6.1 Combo OpenCL enabler under graphics section, BUT you cannot install the retail drivers from NVidia. Only install CUDA.

Make sure you have "npci=0x3000" in "org.chameleon.Boot.plist".

For audio DON'T use Multibeast Kexts. I posted a non ATI version of the original DSDT back on like page 12, I think. For that one use the kext that MK500 originally recommended. For Hexa's 2105 DSDT, use Ivy Bridge Interim 898 from 10.7.3 (even if you're on 10.8).

Multibeast's 898 audio kext doesn't work, nor did it in the last version. Use Toleda's interim Ivy Bridge 898. It will work with the HDEF audio edit in the DSDT.

That works great, thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back