Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

In my Asus VivoBook S400CA laptop, there's a built-in webcam, and it's recognized in OS X via system profiler:

ASUS USB2.0 Webcam:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_7119 ProductID_10371
Unique ID: 0x1a1200001bcf2883

Now, I've had an issue where the FaceTime UI wouldn't load (here's the thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/147334-weird-facetime-issue-hackintosh-yosemite.html), and we determined that it was the fact that the webcam wasn't loading, although it's detected properly in System Profiler. I download Camera Control and tried it then, and viola, the FaceTime UI loaded! Now I'm wondering how to get it working like that all the time w/o using Camera Control, and I've been reading around a bit and I came across a piece of information that stated that the camera not having a SN could cause problems. (Source: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/140757-asus-k40in-webcam-not-working.html) So I went into IOReg and checked, and sure enough, my SN is set as 0x0. Is there a way to change this, or am I going in the complete wrong direction? I'll attach my IOReg for convenience. ANY feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers!

View attachment AGuyWhoIsBored's MacBook Air.ioreg

does anybody have an idea how to fix this? :think:

Cheers!

anybody?? plz?? :think::banghead:

Hi,

In my Asus VivoBook S400CA laptop, there's a built-in webcam, and it's recognized in OS X via system profiler:

ASUS USB2.0 Webcam:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_7119 ProductID_10371
Unique ID: 0x1a1200001bcf2883

Now, I've had an issue where the FaceTime UI wouldn't load (here's the thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/147334-weird-facetime-issue-hackintosh-yosemite.html), and we determined that it was the fact that the webcam wasn't loading, although it's detected properly in System Profiler. I download Camera Control and tried it then, and viola, the FaceTime UI loaded! Now I'm wondering how to get it working like that all the time w/o using Camera Control, and I've been reading around a bit and I came across a piece of information that stated that the camera not having a SN could cause problems. (Source: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/140757-asus-k40in-webcam-not-working.html) So I went into IOReg and checked, and sure enough, my SN is set as 0x0. Is there a way to change this, or am I going in the complete wrong direction? I'll attach my IOReg for convenience. ANY feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers!

View attachment 115255

Camera Control is the fix I know of... None of my cameras have the issue... Let us know if you come up with a better solution.

Camera Control is the fix I know of... None of my cameras have the issue... Let us know if you come up with a better solution.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I know Camera Control is a solution, but it's very "clunky", despite it works. I found a kext that masks your UVC camera as "Built-in iSight" (probably needs a name refresh), and gives your camera an apple vendor ID & product ID, as well as a S/N. Unfortunately this doesn't change anything, and I guess that's the end of the road here. :roll2:

Here's the kext if interested. Please tell me if you have any suggestions w/ this kext.

View attachment AnyiSightCam.kext.zip

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I know Camera Control is a solution, but it's very "clunky", despite it works. I found a kext that masks your UVC camera as "Built-in iSight" (probably needs a name refresh), and gives your camera an apple vendor ID & product ID, as well as a S/N. Unfortunately this doesn't change anything, and I guess that's the end of the road here. :roll2:

Here's the kext if interested. Please tell me if you have any suggestions w/ this kext.

View attachment 115403

Cheers!

Check to see if there is a firmware update for your camera. It is an outside chance, but worth a check...

Check to see if there is a firmware update for your camera. It is an outside chance, but worth a check...

Hi,

You may not know the answer to this but where do I get firmware for my camera? Is it on Asus's website in my case?

Cheers!

Hi,

You may not know the answer to this but where do I get firmware for my camera? Is it on Asus's website in my case?

Cheers!

I don't know. I don't have your computer. You'd have to check their website.

I don't know. I don't have your computer. You'd have to check their website.

I've done a little bit of reading around and I don't think there's any firmware updates to my camera at all (may be BIOS but I don't want to flash BIOS cause I may brick my laptop), but is there some way in OS X to run a Windows driver? Sounds weird, but might be my only solution :lol:

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back