Contribute
Register

ASUS Transformer Book Flip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue as it's not connected to the internet. However, I do know some other information, like something about CB-802.11bgn_WW+BT4.0. Where do I find the WiFi chip information in the Device Manager (Windows)?

Also, I can't find the right kext to add for this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11
as I have a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Which one should I use?

I have no clue as it's not connected to the internet. However, I do know some other information, like something about CB-802.11bgn_WW+BT4.0. Where do I find the WiFi chip information in the Device Manager (Windows)?

Use DPCIManager->PCI List on Yosemite or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Post screenshot/output.

Also, I can't find the right kext to add for this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11
as I have a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Which one should I use?

The driver for Realtek PCIe GBE is linked by the FAQ.

Did you read it yet? It was linked by post #2 in this very thread.

My laptop has Windows on it, so I can't use the Yosemite or Linux tricks. Is there a way I can find out the WiFi card using Windows?

Also, thank you for pointing the Realtek controller out.

I finished making my USB for OS X, but it won't boot on my laptop. I checked the BIOS and it doesn't recognize my USB drive. Also, I tired 'Launch EFI from filesystem device' and it didn't work as there was no device found.

What do I do now? Also, I don't need to worry about WiFi for now.

Okay, I'll try the Yosemite thing once I install it to the laptop. I also figure out my problem: I didn't partition the USB properly. :lolno:
------
Hours later:

Okay, I recreated the USB after realizing my mistake. It appears in the BIOS, but I cannot boot from it. I read the guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html) and it said that I have to boot from EFI for ASUS motherboards, but something's not working. I followed the steps exactly; what am I missing?

*I know I am booting from EFI because the option is listed as EFI: CENTON 8.00

Ok, either turning the ASUS Transformer Book Flip to a Hackintosh isn't going to work or I'm being incredibly stupid.

New problem from previous post:

Okay, I recreated the USB after realizing my mistake. It appears in the BIOS, but I cannot boot from it. I read the guide (How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover) and it said that I have to boot from EFI for ASUS motherboards, but something's not working. I followed the steps exactly; what am I missing?

:roll2:

Ok, either turning the ASUS Transformer Book Flip to a Hackintosh isn't going to work or I'm being incredibly stupid.

New problem from previous post:

Okay, I recreated the USB after realizing my mistake. It appears in the BIOS, but I cannot boot from it. I read the guide (How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover) and it said that I have to boot from EFI for ASUS motherboards, but something's not working. I followed the steps exactly; what am I missing?

:roll2:

What is the issue?

What happens when you press BIOS hotkey for boot menu and select the USB in UEFI mode?

Post EFI folder on USB.

Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied in a while. There is no 'boot menu' hotkey for my laptop. If I need to boot from USB, I have to do it through BIOS, which is F2.

Whenever I boot from the USB, (EFI: CENTON 8.00), the screen goes black for a millisecond, and then returns to BIOS. This happened to me a few times with other OSes, mainly because they were 32bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back