Contribute
Register

Asus Taichi - installing Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!
I need to bring this thread back to life. I am the original OP but I managed to forget both the password and the email account used to register.

Basically I am trying to update that old installation of Mavericks to El Capitan. After a bit of messing around I can get the old thing to boot again. But installing the new version seems to be an issue.

Basically... I prepared a new USB drive with Unibeast and tried to boot it (using only the IGPlatformID flag which seemed to work in the past). But it now seems to hang pretty much at the beginning and I have no clue what to do.

Here is a picture of where it hangs:
DSC_0122.jpg

Any ideas?

Hi there!
I need to bring this thread back to life. I am the original OP but I managed to forget both the password and the email account used to register.

Basically I am trying to update that old installation of Mavericks to El Capitan. After a bit of messing around I can get the old thing to boot again. But installing the new version seems to be an issue.

Basically... I prepared a new USB drive with Unibeast and tried to boot it (using only the IGPlatformID flag which seemed to work in the past). But it now seems to hang pretty much at the beginning and I have no clue what to do.

Here is a picture of where it hangs:
View attachment 179680

Any ideas?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Well it was a step in the right direction at least. I got the installer to boot and go through the first stage of installation. Problem appears on the second stage - after the restart.

Basically the installer will not let me proceed:
"This partition map modification would make a Windows partition unbootable. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I am guessing that it's trying to create a recovery partition and the windows partition is in its way. Any ideas if it's possible to get around this?

Well it was a step in the right direction at least. I got the installer to boot and go through the first stage of installation. Problem appears on the second stage - after the restart.

Basically the installer will not let me proceed:
"This partition map modification would make a Windows partition unbootable. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

I am guessing that it's trying to create a recovery partition and the windows partition is in its way. Any ideas if it's possible to get around this?

Repartition the disk with Disk Utility. Install Windows later.

There is important dual-boot info in guide post #2.

I actually got it to work without that. First I shrunk the mac partition slightly with disk utility and created a second mac partition. Then I somehow found dmtest script on the web and then ran it like this:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]dmtest ensureRecoveryPartition /path/to/created/volume /path/to/[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]BaseSystem.dmg[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana] 0 0 /path/to/BaseSystem.chunklist
[/FONT][/COLOR]
BaseSystem.dmg is of course on the install media.

This then resized the new partition and created a recovery partition. I rebooted the installer and the installation went through normally. Interestingly the same doesn't work if you want to resize the Mac partition where you want to install the system. Even though it should.

So there was no need to reinstall Windows and Mac seems to be working. Currently setting up drivers and everything. I already have NullEthernet running and wifi as well.

Hi, I'd like to know if evrything works now. I own a Asus Taichi 21 and I want to install OSX El Capitan, maybe you could help a bit?
Currently I haven't found all necessary informations and you seem to have a running system already?
Thanks in advance

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Mobo: Asus Taichi21 (Clover UEFI)
CPU: i5-3317U
Graphics: HD4000, 1920x2080
Ivy-Bridge

I'll be adding this to my signature.

Thank you

Please add it before your next reply.

I don't see EFI/Clover attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back