Contribute
Register

Asus Sabertooth X79 - Core i7-3820 @ 4.65 GHz - 16GB RAM - EVGA GTX650 - Mountain Lion - G5 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 2013/01/09: Ignore my issue with hard drive speed. I formatted it with mac journaling file system and I observe 150MB/s speeds now. Happy me.

Hi,

I was wondering if you got your system up and running, be course I am planning to by the same Graphic card you have, due to the low noise level and good performance. ?

Thanks

Thor

Hi,

I was wondering if you got your system up and running, be course I am planning to by the same Graphic card you have, due to the low noise level and good performance. ?

Thanks

Thor

i returned the system because of excessive noise. The evga 620 card and the Corsair H80 water cooler were too noisy for me to keep this system running 24x7 in my bedroom. Sabertooth motherboard also has fans, they were reasonably quiet. The system is very powerful and would recommend it but ensure the cooler and graphics card you get are quiet.

Hi,

Thank You for the replay, I will start the hunt for a new graphics card, sins my 7970 docent work with ML.

@Erik, I tried following your guide. But I'm having a very strange USB issue. Did you have any problems like this? I'm on your same board but with a 3930k and a 3203 bios.

EDIT: Just reverted back to your bios and I'm giving it another go.

ALSO: you mention in your write up a reference to an attached DSDT, but that is nowhere to be found. And your Multibeast screen has an Easybeast selection. So does that mean you didn't use a DSDT? Is the only difference the Audio thing?

FURTHER UPDATE (No USB 3 worky!): Alright, so things appear to be better... mouse, etc doesn't freeze, and system works. Two major issues now are: none of my USB 3 drives are recognized (even if I plug in a usb 2 device)! And sound doesn't work. I tried Toleda's intermin solution but it's not working, and I'm unsure how exactly the IOReg thing is supposed to work.

Hey guys!

I managed to install everything on my system successfully! USB 3.0 + Audio Working

My system is slightly different. I have a Core i7 3930K (Running at 4.2Ghz), 32GB Ram 2133mhz and a GTX 680 4GB Graphicscard.

Geekbench over 20k and Cinebench is 45+.

I'm attaching a Sabertooth x79 folder I used for my system. In there is a DSDT I used (Which gets everything going), the Voodo kext for 3930k and my overclocking settings.

Thanks again community!
Best
Dave

PS: I got audio working with Multibeast 4.6.1 (Using ALC 892)

Attachments

• Sabertooth x79.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 364
Hey guys!

I managed to install everything on my system successfully! USB 3.0 + Audio Working

My system is slightly different. I have a Core i7 3930K (Running at 4.2Ghz), 32GB Ram 2133mhz and a GTX 680 4GB Graphicscard.

I'm attaching a Sabertooth x79 folder I used for my system. In there is a DSDT I used (Which gets everything going), the Voodo kext for 3930k and my overclocking settings.

Thanks again community!
Best
Dave

Ive read about a lot of x79 attempts and you are prob the only one I have seen who got everything to work, whats the trick? usb 3.0 is it going at usb 3 speed or usb2 standards?

Hey guys!

Thanks again community!
Best
Dave

You need to write up a build description! :) More importantly: you need to specify which BIOS you are using as using a DSDT for one BIOS for a different BIOS can lock up your install: definite no no! Where did you get the DSDT? And have you gotten sleep to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back