Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am a newb and this is a freshly completed build, but I think I now have everything working EXCEPT for my sound.

My hardware:
Asus Sabertooth x58 w/ ACL892 onboard audio
Intel i7-950 3.06Ghz - (shows up as 3.08Ghz intel core i7 ?)
MSI R5770 Hawk
8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz - (shows up as 8Gb 1069Mhz DDR3 ?)

Software:
Used iBoot & MultiBeast & Chimera (latests versions)
Used EasyBeast option - no DSDT
Updated to 10.6.7
Ran MultiBeast again - selected:
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT ALC892

still no audio and in Sys Pref - Sound "no output devices found" - please help :(

Ok, I erased and installed everything again because I was afraid I hadn't done something quite right, but same result. Also youtube videos play in HD with no problem (still no sound) but the apple walkthroughs in iTunes and .mov files from my camera will not play. I can click and drag through them and see the video, but they will not play on their own. It was like this prior to my reinstall and remains that way now. Don't know if this is related to my audio problem or not, but I thought it might be worth mentioning. :banghead:

I guess for now my only option is to see if I can find someone's DSDT file and try to modify that? Been reading and working on this since I woke up this morning, not exactly sure where to go from here, if anyone could just point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys!

YES!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! This is wonderful, and that was amazingly simple! Looks like sound and quicktime playback are completely fixed!!! Scatman, I love you, no homo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back