Register

Asus S400CA OSX Yosemite 10.10 running on 32GB USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
why don't switch to Clover?

You will solve a lot of issues..

I agree. And espeically for this laptop, as it auto patches quite a few things and solved quite a few issues for me:D

I agree. And espeically for this laptop, as it auto patches quite a few things and solved quite a few issues for me:D

I don't use the DSTD auto-patching (would rather do it myself), but the kernel/kext patching is useful.

i tried that having clover initially and followed the guide here but for some reason it didn't work for me.
i didn't have enough time to test all possibilities what was stopping me to get to an installation stage. i didn't mind clover's steep learning curve, but i really had schedule issues.

so i just tried unibeast instead and that worked for me at default bios settings of the laptop.
I just wanted minimalist functionalities, since I want to run xCode6 with OSX installation is on the 32GB USB since I am learning Swift. I am not installing anything else. not word processing, no need to play video/audio (so no need for Voodoo, but optional).

So now VoodooPS2Controller.kext in /Extra/Extensions works with enabled keyboard and touchpad thanks to Rehabman's advice.

For some reason even if Chimera Bootloader is installed in the (white) 32GB I still need the Unibeast USB to point the booting to the 32GB OSX flash drive. Then, I eject the unibeast installer and work from there.

I have seen Chameleon wizard but I have read chimera is a later version of Chameleon so I am reluctant installing Chameleon over Chimera.

anyone able to assist me?
already installed Chimera in the OSX32GB but i can't get away without the unibeast USB just to boot.

anyone able to assist me?
already installed Chimera in the OSX32GB but i can't get away without the unibeast USB just to boot.

No idea without details on the problem.

No idea without details on the problem.

Hi RehabMan:

I installed chimera via Multibeast and I get in the standard bootloader start page as below.
so i tried bootflags as well but I get the following panic(s).

so to get around this i still unibeast. =(

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpg
    IMG_4472.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 132
For the link above you mentioned:
If you have an Ivy Bridge CPU, you should obtain/create an appropriate System Definition (/Extra/smbios.plist) for your laptop. If your CPU ends in 'U', you should probably use MacBookAir5,2. If your CPU ends in 'M' use the ProBook Installer to create a custom MacBookPro9,1 or MacBookPro9,2.

To create a MacBookAir5,2 smbios.plist, use Chameleon Wizard.

I will use MacBookAir5.2 since my CPU is 3217U. Thanks! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back