Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi Support Team:

Laptop model is S400CA-038H, with 3 usb ports.
Hardware used, 32GB flash driver where OSX operates, 8GB flash driver Unibeast installer.
(UPDATE: I realized the in the REQUIRES ASSISTANCE items below, that when I created the USB installer via unibeast i did not intend for a laptop installer - because I was aiming for a desktop install which I changed minds later. Is it possible to add laptop support even after the USB installer was already created to skip the process of recreating Unibeast then installing again? This is probably why the keyboard is not working)

I used Unibeast 8GB flash drive (photo black USB) to install OSX 10.10 to another USB 3.0 32GB flash drive (photo white USB) as I do not intend to mess with the preinstalled windows in internal 500 GB hdd. I can live with the latency as I am just developing conceptual iOS apps, and learning Swift.

Then I went along installing the bootloader from multibeast 7. That would have solved the dependency to the Unibeast installer during boot time but it did not. So I had to use the Unibeast usb again to boot and point to boot in the 32GB flash drive with OSX.

I realized after several attempts and bootflags, I cannot boot away with unibeast installer. If directly booting with the 32G OSX I end up stalled at the apple logo and progress bar not moving. So I tried installing FakeSMC the second time around and still it happens. I am not sure where I would be wrong as supposedly what I did were the steps needed to support independent booting from a single usb where I intend to run OSX entirely.

Installed from Multibeast were
(1) Bootloader, default - I saw only one bootloader
(2) Definition Macbook 8.1
(2) FakeSMC
(4) Theme Tonymac.

REQUIRES ASSISTANCE: Most important to address, which I hope you can help:
1. boot from 32GB only without Unibeast USB
2. keyboard driver, as up to now I am still using a USB keyboard. (I cannot recreate usb installer at the moment with laptop support) I hope there is a kext to handle this.

at least those two will definitely make a difference. I can live with a mouse, as long as one port remains open for either storage or usb wifi.

Attachments

• IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_4442.jpg
    IMG_4442.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_4403.jpg
    IMG_4403.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_4407.jpg
    IMG_4407.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 394
Hi Support Team:

Laptop model is S400CA-038H, with 3 usb ports.
Hardware used, 32GB flash driver where OSX operates, 8GB flash driver Unibeast installer.
(UPDATE: I realized the in the REQUIRES ASSISTANCE items below, that when I created the USB installer via unibeast i did not intend for a laptop installer - because I was aiming for a desktop install which I changed minds later. Is it possible to add laptop support even after the USB installer was already created to skip the process of recreating Unibeast then installing again? This is probably why the keyboard is not working)

I used Unibeast 8GB flash drive (photo black USB) to install OSX 10.10 to another USB 3.0 32GB flash drive (photo white USB) as I do not intend to mess with the preinstalled windows in internal 500 GB hdd. I can live with the latency as I am just developing conceptual iOS apps, and learning Swift.

Then I went along installing the bootloader from multibeast 7. That would have solved the dependency to the Unibeast installer during boot time but it did not. So I had to use the Unibeast usb again to boot and point to boot in the 32GB flash drive with OSX.

I realized after several attempts and bootflags, I cannot boot away with unibeast installer. If directly booting with the 32G OSX I end up stalled at the apple logo and progress bar not moving. So I tried installing FakeSMC the second time around and still it happens. I am not sure where I would be wrong as supposedly what I did were the steps needed to support independent booting from a single usb where I intend to run OSX entirely.

Installed from Multibeast were
(1) Bootloader, default - I saw only one bootloader
(2) Definition Macbook 8.1
(2) FakeSMC
(4) Theme Tonymac.

REQUIRES ASSISTANCE: Most important to address, which I hope you can help:
1. boot from 32GB only without Unibeast USB
2. keyboard driver, as up to now I am still using a USB keyboard. (I cannot recreate usb installer at the moment with laptop support) I hope there is a kext to handle this.

at least those two will definitely make a difference. I can live with a mouse, as long as one port remains open for either storage or usb wifi.

Hi,

Download EmilyDinesh's ElanTouchpad kext. It'll get touchpad and keyboard working. (http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/)

P.S. Please don't post for assistance for unrelated issues in unrelated threads. (i.e my Webcam issue thread) Thanks!

Cheers!

Thanks RehabMan:
I realized that when I created USB installer I created it for Desktop so I did not pick 'Laptop Support' is there a way to install kext for laptop keyboard without recreating the USB installer?

Laptop support is:
- smbios MacBookPro8,1
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext in /Extra/Extensions

Laptop support is:
- smbios MacBookPro8,1
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext in /Extra/Extensions

Thanks Rehabman. I will try this when I get home! =D

Thanks Rehabman. I will try this when I get home! =D

Hi,

Just so that you don't have headaches in the future, use MacbookAir5,2 SMBIOS if you have the Intel i3-3217U CPU (it's the same CPU as in my Asus S400CA), and use AppleElanTouchpadDriver.kext from EmilyDinesh. Do a google search "mac élan touchpad driver", and you should find it no problem.

Cheers!

Hi,

..use MacbookAir5,2 SMBIOS if you have the Intel i3-3217U CPU (it's the same CPU as in my Asus S400CA)..
Cheers!

I remember seeing Multibeast having two choices only 6.1 and 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back