ASUS ROG GL703VD
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there!

After using linux for a long time I'd like to step over to Mac OSX due to the fact that important features like the touchpad and volume control are now not working, also I can't upgrade to the latest kernel due to the display failing on later linux builds. and also some software like Outlook/Photoshop is a nice to have without a ton of workarounds to get it working on linux.

However, I can't find if my laptop is capable by default to run OSX/Hackintosh (for example Wi-Fi).
I can't change any hardware parts due to this being a company issued laptop.

I'd be awesome if any of you has a proper guide I can follow (as I am greatly inexperienced in running/installing Mac OS X)
Model: ASUS ROG GL703VD-GC083T

Thank you in advance!

Hi there!

After using linux for a long time I'd like to step over to Mac OSX due to the fact that important features like the touchpad and volume control are now not working, also I can't upgrade to the latest kernel due to the display failing on later linux builds. and also some software like Outlook/Photoshop is a nice to have without a ton of workarounds to get it working on linux.

However, I can't find if my laptop is capable by default to run OSX/Hackintosh (for example Wi-Fi).
I can't change any hardware parts due to this being a company issued laptop.

I'd be awesome if any of you has a proper guide I can follow (as I am greatly inexperienced in running/installing Mac OS X)
Model: ASUS ROG GL703VD-GC083T

Thank you in advance!
Most Asus laptops use Intel Wifi which currently is not supported, you would have to swap that out with compatible hardware or use a usb wifi dongle, which can cause issues with sleep etc

more info on hardware and lots of other goodies:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

with the advent of a new intel kext is this possible now? Or has no one done this and ill post results with at least catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back