Register

Asus ROG G752VT el capitan installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 970M
I'm trying to configure osx in a laptop following the guides in the forum and at {censored}86x

So far I've installed El capitan on it and the machine boots almost without any issues, I try editing the DSDT file but always at the end I get an error and cannot save the modified compiled version of it.

I been using some tutorials of asus laptops but I still need a little help in order to have a stable functional system where I can work visual effects 3d animation and video editing.

So far my screen when boots looks pretty low resolution, audio i managed to make it work before but it was barely audible, like it has little volume, touchpad doesnt work, keyboard backlight neither, Screen brightness doesnt work neither wifi

I'm newbie to the hackintosh scene and I could use some help to fine tune this system so can be my main working machine
the specs of my system are this:
Processor / Chipset
CPUIntel Core i7 (6th Gen) 6700HQ / 2.6 GHz
Max Turbo Speed3.5 GHz
Number of CoresQuad-Core
Cache6 MB
64-bit ComputingYes
ChipsetMobile Intel CM236 Express
FeaturesHyper-Threading Technology, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Memory
RAM64 GB
TechnologyDDR4 SDRAM
Speed2133 MHz / PC4-17000
Form FactorSO-DIMM 260-pin
Slots Qty4
Storage
Main Storage1 TB HDD / 7200 rpm + 2 128gb n.m2 ssd
InterfaceSATA 6 Gb/s
Optical DriveDVD±RW (±R DL)
Display
Type17.3" - IPS
LCD Backlight TechnologyLED backlight
Resolution1920 x 1080 ( Full HD )
WidescreenYes
Image Aspect Ratio16:9
FeaturesAnti-glare, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Audio & Video
Graphics ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
CameraIntegrated webcam
Resolution (MP)1.2 Megapixel
ResolutionHD
SoundStereo speakers, subwoofer , microphone
Audio FeaturesASUS SonicMaster
Input
TypeTouchpad, backlit keyboard
Communications
WirelessBluetooth 4.0, 802.11ac
Network InterfaceGigabit Ethernet
Battery
Technology6-cell lithium ion
Capacity66 Wh
AC Adapter
InputAC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Output180 Watt , 19.5 V , 9.23 A
Connections & Expansion
InterfacesHeadphone/SPDIF combo jack Audio line-in HDMI USB 3.0 LAN Microphone input USB-C Gen2/Thunderbolt 3
Memory Card Reader2 in 1 ( SD Card, MultiMediaCard, SDHC Card, SDXC Card )

thank you in advance

So far I've installed El capitan on it and the machine boots almost without any issues, I try editing the DSDT file but always at the end I get an error and cannot save the modified compiled version of it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I been using some tutorials of asus laptops but I still need a little help in order to have a stable functional system where I can work visual effects 3d animation and video editing.

If you have Intel graphics, make sure you have set DVMT-prealloc as required and are injecting a valid ig-platform-id.

thank you for your quick response,
When i try to load the sources in MaciASL it gives me an error even when i double check the url the software doesnt want to recognize other sources that the default example that comes with it

thank you for your quick response,
When i try to load the sources in MaciASL it gives me an error even when i double check the url the software doesnt want to recognize other sources that the default example that comes with it

Make sure you're adding the correct URL (it is in my laptop github repo README).

i got the correct URL and start to play with the dsdt.aml file extracted as per your instructions, I fix all the errors that give at the beginning from the original and when i finish fixing it it gives me a lot of warnings and doesn't let me save it.
Then I start adding the patches from your repo and pjaalm repos for asus, but I end up with more errors that I can't figure out yet.
I'm quite new to this patching dsdt thing, would you mind to give a look to my original dsdt.aml file?
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    164.9 KB · Views: 210
i got the correct URL and start to play with the dsdt.aml file extracted as per your instructions, I fix all the errors that give at the beginning from the original and when i finish fixing it it gives me a lot of warnings and doesn't let me save it.
Then I start adding the patches from your repo and pjaalm repos for asus, but I end up with more errors that I can't figure out yet.
I'm quite new to this patching dsdt thing, would you mind to give a look to my original dsdt.aml file?
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge

Read the guide carefully. You should not be working with DSDT.aml. Must work with DSDT.dsl as a result of disassembly per guide (iasl -da -dl *.aml).

After doing the compiling and fixing several errors I'm stuck at this point (see attachment screenshot) I tried the PNLF patch among others and I'm still unable to compile error free

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 5.13.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 5.13.16 PM.png
    571.6 KB · Views: 313
After doing the compiling and fixing several errors I'm stuck at this point (see attachment screenshot) I tried the PNLF patch among others and I'm still unable to compile error free

If you need help, attach native ACPI files (from Clover F4, /ACPI/origin).

thank you I've been playing around all day with this to make it work
here is my original origin folder with the files
thank you for your time and your help

Attachments

• origin.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back