Contribute
Register

Asus rog g751jy / 32gb ddr3 / i7 4710hq/gtx 980m help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sorry, i'll do that tonight...

Is there a way to switch off the HD 4600 by software, cause in my BIOS it's impossible.
Is it then maybe possible to get the dedicated GPU to work with OSX?

Sorry for my english.. ;)

No.

All right :)wtf:), but it is possible to use the HD4600 in Mac OSX? By drivers/kexts? Or is this generally impossible too?

Cool! I'll try that... Hope it works!

Thanks by the way for all the info ( & kernel patches etc.)!

Hello again,

i'm confused by some forums where i must read, that my i7 4710HQ normally has a HD 4600 onboard, but maybe it was disabled by Asus due to the lack of Optimus. Could that be?

So the discrete graphics, my NVidia, seems to be the only GPU in my Laptop.

Is that a good sign or a bad? I guess, i don't have to deactivate the HD 4600 by BIOS anymore, to use the GTX 970m in OSX... ;)

Have you ever heard about a way to get a mobile Maxwell GPU working in OSX? I always find success storys about Desktop Maxwells, but can't find a mobile solution for that...

Hello again,

i'm confused by some forums where i must read, that my i7 4710HQ normally has a HD 4600 onboard, but maybe it was disabled by Asus due to the lack of Optimus. Could that be?

So the discrete graphics, my NVidia, seems to be the only GPU in my Laptop.

Is that a good sign or a bad? I guess, i don't have to deactivate the HD 4600 by BIOS anymore, to use the GTX 970m in OSX... ;)

Have you ever heard about a way to get a mobile Maxwell GPU working in OSX? I always find success storys about Desktop Maxwells, but can't find a mobile solution for that...

It is up to the OEM whether they enable the onboard graphics. You should use CPU-Z on Windows or refer to your laptop documentation to see what you really have.

You need to try Yosemite because nvidia web drivers that include Maxwell gpu support are on yosemite only.

Good luck

Hi guys! Any news on 970m/980m cards? I'm in the same boat...

Hi,

I'm also curious about the 980M if it could become usable, especially since I'm a MSI GT72 2QE Dominator Pro which has switchable graphics, which means they are separate from each other, no Optimus involved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back