i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It's a common practice amongst all the major mobo manufacturers. Even Gigabyte has done this before.
This is not a bad thing for hackintoshers. What it means is that if you use a tenth gen CPU with UHD630 graphics these boards should function normally when using macOS 10.15, 11, 12 or 13 in your hack. 11th gen motherboards (500 series chipsets) with a 10th gen CPU prevent that from happening. No integrated graphics display output with that combo.

So this is a good option for a budget build. It's hard to find new H470 mATX motherboards anywhere. I've tried. Had to buy a refurb but it worked out ok. Got a Gigabyte Aorus Pro mATX board.

With an H510M-A board from Asus, you can use both the HDMI and DP outputs on the back panel when using a tenth gen UHD630 CPU.

If you dual boot with Windows you could even plug in an older VGA input monitor and use that.

71D66UW82mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The i5-10400 6 core CPU sells for a low $114 so pair that with an H510M-A and a low cost NVMe of 1TB or more. Ram (DDR4) has also gotten super cheap these days. If you have a case and PSU already, that's a brand new, Ventura compatible build, with plenty of ram and storage for not much over $330 !

Screen Shot 19.jpg

Screen Shot 18.jpg

Last edited:
To custom order an M2 Mac mini with a 1TB NVMe SSD and 24GB of ram, you're looking at $1400 ! Almost $1100 more. The integrated graphics in the Asus H510M hackintosh can be upgraded for $200 with an RX 6600. So a total of about $532 vs. $1399 or $867 less than a well specced Mac mini. Which would you pick ? If you edit video in FCP all day long, the Mac mini might be a better choice. If not, save the money and build one of these.

Screen Shot 20.jpg

M2 Pro mini specced up to 1TB/32GB adds another $500 to the total. Why doesn't Apple know that the prices of Ram and SSD storage have dropped recently ????

Screen Shot 21.jpg

Last edited:
11th gen motherboards (500 series chipsets) with a 10th gen CPU prevent that from happening. No integrated graphics display output with that combo.
The means for such a combination to work has been available since October 2022. I have an embedded video running on a 510 chipset board on an i3 10100 processor. Moreover, I have exactly the 510 chipset. And not just the name of the motherboard. Here it is - Asus H510M-R. You have to use EDID and Device Properties.

a combination to work has been available since October 2022
Good to know. Make a detailed post about how to do this. Many people could benefit.
That is a very low cost motherboard, good for ultra low budget builds (with no dGPU) for those in the UK.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Last edited:
The -R version isn't available in the USA. The -E is available and has a DP & HDMI output.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

1706625224058.png

1 Download and install monitor asset manager 2.9 (under Windows). Get EDID information about your monitor using this program .
asset mgr.jpg

Copy Raw Data in to clipboard. Paste this into a notepad. Remove commas and spaces. Save TXT file.

2 Configure your plist file for clover\opencore. Device-->Properties . Like This.

изображение_2024-01-31_132217155.png

In to AAPLxx insert your EDID from txt file.

Last edited:
Back