Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10850K, 64GB RAM, RX 5700 XT GPU

Hi guys, the iGPU works?

I could not resist, just updated to Monterey so far so good.
dsk,
do you mind sharing your EFI config for both OC boot loader and your post install to your boot drive for Big Sur.
I am in a life boat off of Big Sur, trying to paddle back to shore :) Need a life ring tossed out here.
Thanks.

dsk,
do you mind sharing your EFI config for both OC boot loader and your post install to your boot drive for Big Sur.
I am in a life boat off of Big Sur, trying to paddle back to shore :) Need a life ring tossed out here.
Thanks.
...and this is in regard to ASUS Prime Z490 mobo.

No problem. I have managed to get my system running with the help of another person.
Your willingness to help is kind and thoughtful, nonetheless.
Thanks!

No problem. I have managed to get my system running with the help of another person.
Your willingness to help is kind and thoughtful, nonetheless.
Thanks!
Here it is but it just broke two days ago after updating to 12.3 , please be careful if you are going to update.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 78
12.3 also broke my installs. I am content to stay on Big Sur. I see nothing compelling about Monterey with the exception of just accomplishing it: climbing the mountain because it is there, so to speak. For my purposes Big Sur is a terrific platform all on its own.
Again, thank you for your generous spirit and sharing your EFI.

12.3 also broke my installs. I am content to stay on Big Sur. I see nothing compelling about Monterey with the exception of just accomplishing it: climbing the mountain because it is there, so to speak. For my purposes Big Sur is a terrific platform all on its own.
Again, thank you for your generous spirit and sharing your EFI
It is a shame as 12.21 worked well for me and I installed all my software and plug ins , I don't know a way I can go back to 12.21 and keep all my installs :(

I know, that's a bummer! But if you can do a complete rebuild of 11.6.5 on another drive...then when established, mount the drive with your the failed 12.3 and just grab the goods you need from that drive. I am sure you already thought of that...and it may not accomplish the goal you have in mind of down-grading to save all your work. Sometimes the only path ahead, is to fall back and regroup ;)
When I finally got mine running on 11.6.5, I quickly used SuperDuper to create 3 clones, and put them out of sight. I was not taking anymore chances with my itch to constantly, tinker and finally tank it all.
As they used to say in my old neighborhood "keep on truckin'"!

Here it is but it just broke two days ago after updating to 12.3 , please be careful if you are going to update.
I used your Efi and perfect but I had to write in bootarg "agdpmod=pikera". Thnaks so much.

Back