Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In preparation for tomorrow's release of macOS Sonoma, I have updated the EFI for our motherboard to OpenCore 0.9.5. There are now two versions, one that maintains SIP but loses WiFi support for Fenvi T919 cards and a second that has been patched for T919 support per this thread in Sonoma Desktop Support:

In order to successfully patch Sonoma following initial installation, you'll need to boot into the boot picker and reset NVRAM to clear existing SIP settings. The system will then reboot and you can proceed to log into Sonoma and then launch OpenCore Legacy Patcher to install the root patches to re-enable Broadcom WiFi support. Be sure to download the correct nightly build of OCLP linked here:

If you don't have physical ethernet access and rely on WiFi for networking, you'll obviously need to download OCLP before upgrading to macOS Sonoma.

Finally, my usual disclaimer applies: You'll need to input your own PlatformInfo values for ROM (onboard ethernet MAC address), MLB, SystemSerialNumber, and SystemUUID to ensure that the various iServices work properly.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 139
  • EFI with Fenvi T919 Patches.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 92
thanks for sharing! will the 370-A work on a 390-A? gonna try now :)

sadly, no. guess the 370 and 390 are too different for the same EFI. here is what the screen showed. suggestions are greatly appreciated! btw, I used the Fenvi EFI since I also have the T919, although not sure it's plugged into the same usb port on the mobo as yours, or if the mobo layouts are even the same between the prime 370-a and 390-a. maybe I need to use my USB mapping kext instead of yours?

boot.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I have successfully got my ASUS prime Z370-A working with the T919 wifi card, the iGPU and macOS Sonoma, but I have two problems.

First: When I run OCLP Version 1.0.1 it allows me to post-install root patch for the wifi but it shows the "Build and Install OpenCore" as greyed out as shown below. If in future there is an update to OCLP how will I install it to my boot drive ? I had to manually copy my EFI folder from my USB to the SSD's EFI partition to get it to boot from the SSD.

Second: I have a 4K monitor which I have connected to the iGPU. I have tried both HDMI and Display Port and also a high quality HDMI cable rated for 4k @ 60 Hz and the most I can get is 2560 x 1440. On Windows I can get 4K on this monitor without any problems. Is there a way to get 4K on macOS from the iGPU ?

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 17.15.12.png

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 17.16.20.png

sadly, no. guess the 370 and 390 are too different for the same EFI. here is what the screen showed. suggestions are greatly appreciated! btw, I used the Fenvi EFI since I also have the T919, although not sure it's plugged into the same usb port on the mobo as yours, or if the mobo layouts are even the same between the prime 370-a and 390-a. maybe I need to use my USB mapping kext instead of yours?

Sorry for not replying sooner but I didn't realize that Utter Disbelief moved my post here so I wasn't watching this thread. As you've discovered, the Z390A is a completely different motherboard so my EFI folder won't work at all regardless of the USB map. Have you tried following the Dortania OpenCore guide? It can be a bit daunting at first but it's pretty comprehensive and includes a lot of troubleshooting advice. Just follow it step-by-step and double check that you've duplicated the recommended settings. Also, their scripts are really slick so it's pretty easy to generate custom SSDT's and USB maps. I hand edited my own SSDT's using the motherboard BIOS just to have the cleanest OpenCore build but it's really not necessary.

Good luck!

OK I solved the 4k resolution problem by removing one line from the config.plist thanks to this post here:

The line I removed was from the framebuffer-stolenmem entry from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) key under the Device Properties entry which gave me 4k and scaled display.

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 18.28.19.png

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 18.32.51.png

First: When I run OCLP Version 1.0.1 it allows me to post-install root patch for the wifi but it shows the "Build and Install OpenCore" as greyed out as shown below. If in future there is an update to OCLP how will I install it to my boot drive ? I had to manually copy my EFI folder from my USB to the SSD's EFI partition to get it to boot from the SSD.

I'm afraid that that's how you'll need to do it. OCLP is intended for real Macs and not for Hackintoshes. The EFI folder I created for our motherboard is essentially what OCLP is generating for each supported Mac. OCLP is only used to patch the WiFi for the T919. As such, you can just manually download OCLP updates (if desired) and run it after any software updates to re-patch WiFi. Otherwise, just re-run the 1.0.1 version since the WiFi patch is unlikely to change in the future.

Second: I have a 4K monitor which I have connected to the iGPU. I have tried both HDMI and Display Port and also a high quality HDMI cable rated for 4k @ 60 Hz and the most I can get is 2560 x 1440. On Windows I can get 4K on this monitor without any problems. Is there a way to get 4K on macOS from the iGPU ?

It looks like boot argument -igfxmpc might do the trick for you. I've added it to the attached config.plist so let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
OK I solved the 4k resolution problem by removing one line from the config.plist thanks to this post here:

The line I removed was from the framebuffer-stolenmem entry from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) key under the Device Properties entry which gave me 4k and scaled display.

View attachment 572611

Glad you were able to figure it out! I patched DeviceProperties to get all of the display outputs properly mapped but I'll go back and review the post to see what the framebuffer-stolenmem entry was all about.

I'm afraid that that's how you'll need to do it. OCLP is intended for real Macs and not for Hackintoshes. The EFI folder I created for our motherboard is essentially what OCLP is generating for each supported Mac. OCLP is only used to patch the WiFi for the T919. As such, you can just manually download OCLP updates (if desired) and run it after any software updates to re-patch WiFi. Otherwise, just re-run the 1.0.1 version in the future since the WiFi patch is unlikely to change in the future.

Thanks for the explanation. I understand now.

I also have two USB 3 ports on the front panel connector which don't work. However there are two USB 2.0 ports right beside the USB 3.0 ports on the front panel connector which do work ! All the rest of the USB ports on the back panel IO work. Any idea how to get the two USB 3.0 ports at the front to work ?

I also have two USB 3 ports on the front panel connector which don't work. However there are two USB 2.0 ports right beside the USB 3.0 ports on the front panel connector which do work ! All the rest of the USB ports on the back panel IO work. Any idea how to get the two USB 3.0 ports at the front to work ?

Yeah, this is a limitation of my USB Map. We can only have 15 ports mapped so I had to sacrifice an internal header. Please refer to this post:

The easiest thing would be to swap the connections on your motherboard. Otherwise, you'll need to generate your own USB map.

each USB 2.0 port counts as 1 port but each USB 3.0 port counts as 2 ports since you can connect either a USB 2.0 or 3.0 device to it
Ahhh, that's what I didn't know !!! Thanks. I think I'll just leave it.

Back