Contribute
Register

Asus P9x79 Upgrade to Yosemite works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro > Need model, size and model number > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
> Need model name or version number > See Forum Rules!
Figured I'd just post how I managed to get yosemite up and working in case anyone with similar specs was having issues.
Asus P9X79, with a gtx 650 Ti graphics card.
The first issue was getting to the installation screen when booting from unibeast. using the npci=0x2000 flag fixed that for me. Then I simply chose the drive where mavericks was installed and continued the installation process. Booting up again through unibeast required the ncpi=0x2000 flag once again (seems to always require it), and everything but sound was functional. Used multibeast with DTST free settings, selected the usb 3.0 and TRIM options. Shut down and then booted direct to hard drive. Used npci=0x2000 flag again, boot sucessful although ethernet was broken. Went back to multibeast and used Network --> AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 and ethernet was functional again.

I don't have the pro version, but I will definitely check that out. Not sure if USB3 is working as I have no devices to test it on.

Do you have the P9X79 Pro? I was able to get basically everything working except USB 3.0 ports.

Found a fix with this!

Hi
I have the P9X79 Pro but USB 3.0 ports don't work. Same components as yours (except for video card).
It's not a big issues for me.
I'll try the guide from the link you posted :)

Anyway, Yosemite runs just fine.

I'm very happy with it!

Hi
I have the P9X79 Pro but USB 3.0 ports don't work. Same components as yours (except for video card).
It's not a big issues for me.
I'll try the guide from the link you posted :)

Anyway, Yosemite runs just fine.

I'm very happy with it!

Hello,

Did this USB3 tip work for you ?

Did you lost any preferences after upgrading ?

I've got a P9X79 Pro also.

Thanks.

Hello all,

Is it possible to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite? Or do you need a fresh new install after formatting?

I'd like to keep all my currents settings in Mavericks before upgrading.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back