CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It all started, again, with a thread I started a couple of days ago. http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/80748-easy-maintain-hackintosh.html#post500819

I'm testing to get the system working and the one thing left not working is sleep. I have tested different methods here in the forum but nothing works.

Hardware for now:
MB: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
CPU: Core i5 3570K
RAM: 16GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ES 750GB (temporary drive)
Nothing more except a fan. No USB stick, but a network cable.

To install Mac OS X I installed latest patched/fixed BIOS and followed Going Balds guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...uide-asus-p8z77-i-i5-3570k-mountain-lion.html

I did make a DSDT file and I did everything except add the audio over HDMI patch and I was not able to find these two lines under "Scope_PR" that had to be removed:
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]Store (SMIM, \_SB.PINX)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]\_SB.ISMI (0x90)[/FONT]

I can put it to sleep but after around 2 seconds it wakes up. The Console says:
Code:
kernel: Wake reason: EHC2
kernel: RTC: PowerByCalenderDate setting ignored
kernel: Previous Sleep Cuse: 5
kernel: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake up issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Information regarding EHC2 message:
http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/comment-page-1/#comment-179
Wake reason: EHC2.
taken from another site “up the machine.
EHC: standing for Enhanced Host Controller, is another USB interface, but can also be wireless devices and bluetooth since they are also on the USB bus of a Mac.”
Their is a bluetooth and wireless card on this motherboard but what I know card small PCIe card is not supported, and I have not installed any kexts or anything to get it working. I have not even tried to see if they work. Maybe test to remove the card from the motherboard?

I have tested to put the system to sleep via the menu and fast pull out keyboard and mouse but the system started every time.

I have tested this but it didn't work: http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/comment-page-1/#comment-269

I have tested the program PleaseSleep v2.2 but it didn't work. I did set the sleep time of the system at 1min and the system went to sleep but did wake up. One minute later to sleep and directly wake up. On and on and on...

I have tested to disable "EHCI Hand-off" but that have not worked. I also tested to disable "Legacy USB Support" and that also didn't work. Same kernel error as quoted above. When they didn't work I put them back to their default settings.

I tested to disable "Intel USB2.0 EHCI Controller" in BIOS/EHCI but then the keyboard and mouse stopped working so the only solution was Clear CMOS. The system still didn't go to sleep except the monitor went black (Same sleep time as system was going to sleep).

I may have tested some other method that I now cant remember but just do not know what more I can try.

EXTRA:
When I now was writing this text the system is online but I can't use keyboard and mouse because I disabled "Intel USB2.0 EHCI Controller" but the system did go to sleep a couple of minutes, maybe 5 min after sleep time I put in Power saving settings (1min) after the screen went black and was in sleep for maybe 15 seconds with the power led flashing. When I did press the power button the system did wake up. I will again wait to see if the system goes to sleep.

EXTRA2: Yes... The system went to sleep again with no problem. But I have not tested with default "Going Bald" BIOS/UEFI settings and see if the system goes to sleep or not at the same time as it now does. So the system can go to sleep but it does not go to sleep at the time that is stated in Power Settings.

Console says something like this: (Writing from my memory)
Code:
kernel: Wake reason: power button
No EHC2 reason here. It's something with EHC2 that do not want the system to go to sleep.

Is their any other tips and tricks out there that may help this system to get a nice nightly rest?

I did make a DSDT file and I did everything except add the audio over HDMI patch and I was not able to find these two lines under "Scope_PR" that had to be removed:
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]Store (SMIM, \_SB.PINX)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]\_SB.ISMI (0x90)[/FONT]
I believe this is your problem. These two lines should exist somewhere just inside the "_PTS" Method. You need to remove them to stop the power button from messing with your sleep (ECH2 = power button controller, I think I read that somewhere).

Open up your AML again and search (CTRL+F, not Command+F) for "_PTS"

Cheers,

I had to disable the built-in bluetooth and wi-fi to get sleep to work. I currently am using a patched BIOS #607 and sleep only works with PleaseSleep and a DSDT that I got from a P8Z77-V.

Hi,
I can't find a dsdt for my p8z77-v board. It supposed to work without it (when BIOS is flashed), but actually sleep doesn't work well, HD4000 & USB3 ports neither.
I'd like to try a DSDT but i can't find a patched one, or a patch to try to make it myself.
Please " Returning In The Clouds" or anyone, would you tell me where to find a DSDT for my board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back