Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have uploaded my the DSDT from my P7P55D motherboard to mediafire (since it won't let me attach a .aml file) for anyone who might need it. The only modification I have made is the enabling hacks bit, since there was no need for a change to the fix the CMOS reset thing, and I was kinda confused by the whole process of enabling sleep mode and speedstep.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmmkqn2byi2

I'm using the DSDT file from the Asus boot cd.

How do you check if the speed step is working?

A sysctl -a gives me machdep.cpu.stepping: 5 but at the same time:
hw.cpufrequency: 2828000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 2828000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 2828000000

Henrik

did i get this right that all i have to do is copy the dstd file to system root?

i'm using DSDT-ASUS-P7P55D-EVO.aml from the dstd database, and renamed it to DSDT.aml - is there anything i need to do to enable the usage of this dstd?

sorry if this is a noob question, i'm VERY new to macs :p

Nope that's it. Name it DSDT.aml and put it in the system root.

hi!

I made it up to installing SL, but audio is not running at all and when i boot without atiwith4890 my resolution is only 1024x768. if i boot via boot cd, it works.

so i know it must be before the boot, where things need to happen. ive read something about the dsdt, which i need to change, there is the question to me, whether i also change settings for other osen on my mashine (different hdds though).

you see my specs, i overclocked a bit (just turned the fsb up, for the ram and activated speedstep turbo and cstates). if possible i want to run all this under SL.

so there is one dsdt file for my asus p55 LE, but isnt it better if i change my own dsdt file? i read something under linux how to do, but in the moment better via win7 or macco.

ciao

hmm. i downloaded DSDTSE, read in the dsdt, followed the instructions from the blog, my spaces seem to be allright, but theres an error:

/Users/donde/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 3400: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5111 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_0)

there are maybe a hundred times this line, dont know what this is. there seem to be noone in this forum whos the same problem.

dedicated to studies of my beloved search engine it seems that this error occurs with asus boards in general, so maybe someone had the same error.
If its a different case, tell me, up to now i dont find anything matching.

fil said:
dedicated to studies of my beloved search engine it seems that this error occurs with asus boards in general, so maybe someone had the same error.
If its a different case, tell me, up to now i dont find anything matching.

Well, the edits that you see in the DSDT guides on my blog were created using my Gigabyte board- therefore whatever changes you make to the Asus one will differ greatly- it's a different Bios manufacturer right? So the changes you'll need to make are similar, but not exactly the same- that would have caused your errors. ;)

ok,
youve got the same chip, a p55. different board, mine uses ami bios.
edit: found one thread in the dsdt part of the forum (site one, im sorry :mrgreen: )
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=508

so what did you intend to change by this?
3. Under ACPI search, type _WAK and click search. You should come to a line that looks like this:

Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)

point 5 i did not have to change, was already set.

// I tried something: I only extracted the original dsdt and tried to compile it, //successfully.

this makes me think about where does this programm load the file from, because if it loads the dsdt that is set up by the boot cd I could first this dsdt into the bootloader and going forth from that point I could also insert somehow audio support (again via multibeast)

edit2@tony: can you please move my post to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back