Contribute
Register

Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP, So far so good, Ethernet & WIFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@idiom
In the attached zip you find a patched dsdt and modified org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Imho there is some unneeded stuff in your plist and I have removed it. At first install only the org.chameleon and try to boot. Should you have problems at boot, than at chimera prompt type " npci=0x2000 darkwake=0" . I don't have this flags but I have an Nvidia 8800gt and it is possible they are needed from your ati card, but at the same time npci=0x2000 could interfere with your audio. If you can boot without problems with this org.chameleon control if your audio is working with the provided applehda and with your patched dsdt. Than, in every case, try my patched dsdt.

Attachments

• New DSDT and org.chameleon.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 185
@flicka:

Success! Everything is working perfectly now. Sleep, Restart, Sound, Graphics, Ethernet, I even logged into iMessage and iCloud without issue. This old Quad-Core Desktop just got a few more years of good use thanks to you. Nice new avatar, by the way. Thanks for all of your help!

@idiom
Glad to hear this. If you want there are another few tricks. You can patch your fakesmc to have your ethernet working with the vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext. Another advantage is that you do not have to patch the original kext every time you do a software update.
I attach this FakeSMC, but be sure to have a vanilla IONetworkingFamily. In the zip file you find other three file, an AppleHDA.kext patched to work with LayoutID1, a DSDT patched for this Layout and a DSDT patched for HDMI audio. The reason for have Layout1 is that it is mandatory for HDMI audio.
If fore some reason something is not working properly oyu can always revert to the good one.
Hoping to be helpful.
P.S.
Happy New year

Attachments

• For idiom.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
flicka I purchased an SSD to tide me over until my complete system rebuild... reinstalled Mavericks (which was working fine before the SSD), and used all your files which worked beautifully. i have a P5Ke-Wifi and a Q6600 as well, this board and CPU was a very popular combo it seems.

I get home from work today, and my computer has obviously gone to sleep and crashed. not to worry, just restart it and boot into safe mode if anything is seriously wrong. nope. nada. nothing will fix it. 3 reinstalls later I've tracked it down to your FakeSMC. as soon as I install it with KextBeast, KextWizard, or manually, OS X throws an error saying it is unsigned, and then freezes. the computer will then not boot until I remove your FakeSMC, replace with the original, boot with UniBeast and -f and then rebuild my cache. lucky I have a 2.5inch caddy and a MacBook or this would be a much more painful process!

I do not know HOW I got it working last night, but it was definitely working. I was amazed I had my whole system fully working with 2 kexts and a DSDT..... do you have any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

your expertise and help is greatly appreciated so far,

Regards,

Joshua.

@joshking93
what is happen is very strange. I can only think that the fakesmc I've posted is corrupted, try with this one that is working for me and for a friend with the same hardware.
In every case you have to post all your specs if you need some help (Graphics card, monitor, memory and so on).
Provide a clean DSDT ( At chimera boot prompt type DSDT=Null and then use maciasl to extract it) your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and SMbios.plist.
P.S.
Use kextwizard to install the kext and than repair permission an rebuild cache for S/L/E with the same App
P.P.S.
If you have not patched the AppleRTC.kext with multibeast, it is possible that letting go sleep the hack have screwed your bios.

Attachments

• FakeSMC.kext.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 119
Thank you flicka I will try that when I get home and report back.

Hi Flicka.

I checked my BIOS and it is set exactly as yours is.
I installed ACPI Rollback, AppleRTC and AppleInelCPUPowerManagement patch through MultiBeast just in case as I found in some forums these can cause issues.

I've managed to get everything working without having IONetworkingFamily installed.. It is definitely vanilla as I pulled it from my Macbook.

that new FakeSMC you gave me + your DSDT and AppleHDA are working (the old FakeSMC might even work too, I think IONetworking is the problem here). Ethernet is not working as there is no IONetworkingFamily..... and installing it yields the attached image at boot.

It almost seems as if it's going to boot and then just.. doesn't. Removing only this kext allows the system to boot.

Just for confirmation I am running an Asus P5Ke-wifi, a Q6600 at stock, 4gb of DDR2, and an nVidia 9600GT 1gb.
I am using GraphicsEnabler=yes as video doesn't work without it. like I said I am using your DSDT. attached are my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and SMBios.plist. I re-uploaded your DSDT you provided with the AppleHDA.kext for good measure as that is the one I am currently using. I kinda **need** ethernet :)

thanks again for your help,

Joshua

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 259
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    587 bytes · Views: 272
  • smbios.plist
    468 bytes · Views: 268
If you could attach your IONetworking Flicka?

The one from my MacBook might be causing problems.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back