Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

i know this is gonna be a little bothering because everyone always probably comes here, does this work does this work bla bla bla, but i have kind of a special case where i really can't find answere's by looking if other peoples setups have worked.
i have a 2011 asus n73sv, but it's modified, alot :s so it has some odd stuff.
My Laptop:
Windows 10 Pro (legacy mode)
intel 2630QM i7 2ghz/2.9ghz quad core processor
Intel Mobile HM65 chipset
12gb ddr3 1867mhz corsair vengeance (3x 4gb)
iGfx intel hd 3000
Gpu nvidia 540M
egpu asus gtx 960 strix

i have a exp gdc 8.4b external gpu, and use bootice bootloader to boot a patch that disables my 540m when the egpu is connected and boots a external asus 960 strix.
this is where it get's tricky, mac os would probably still be fine running on the 540m. so what i want is:
mac os on my hdd -> booting with the regular 540m.
and winodows on my samsung 830 ssd with the bootice bootloader that first runs the patch for my egpu and then starts windows (what i currently already have setup that way)
so my question is, first would this work? second what way i should install what, because i don't know how to manage the bootloaders to not cancel each other, i still need grub/bootice to run before windows, so should i disconnected my ssd (that holds my current boot setup) when installing sierra on my hdd and then use my bios to boot form the one hdd or the other?

or does anyone have better idea's on what i should do?

note the picture has a msi 960 but my setup will run a asus 960 in the future
IMG_0156.jpg

Hello!

i know this is gonna be a little bothering because everyone always probably comes here, does this work does this work bla bla bla, but i have kind of a special case where i really can't find answere's by looking if other peoples setups have worked.
i have a 2011 asus n73sv, but it's modified, alot :s so it has some odd stuff.
My Laptop:
Windows 10 Pro (legacy mode)
intel 2630QM i7 2ghz/2.9ghz quad core processor
Intel Mobile HM65 chipset
12gb ddr3 1867mhz corsair vengeance (3x 4gb)
iGfx intel hd 3000
Gpu nvidia 540M
egpu asus gtx 960 strix

i have a exp gdc 8.4b external gpu, and use bootice bootloader to boot a patch that disables my 540m when the egpu is connected and boots a external asus 960 strix.
this is where it get's tricky, mac os would probably still be fine running on the 540m. so what i want is:
mac os on my hdd -> booting with the regular 540m.
and winodows on my samsung 830 ssd with the bootice bootloader that first runs the patch for my egpu and then starts windows (what i currently already have setup that way)
so my question is, first would this work? second what way i should install what, because i don't know how to manage the bootloaders to not cancel each other, i still need grub/bootice to run before windows, so should i disconnected my ssd (that holds my current boot setup) when installing sierra on my hdd and then use my bios to boot form the one hdd or the other?

or does anyone have better idea's on what i should do?

note the picture has a msi 960 but my setup will run a asus 960 in the future
View attachment 242210

Your built-in Nvidia is likely Optimus, therefore not supported.
Read the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

yes the 540m and the intel 3000 are in optimus, + my egpu setup replaces the 540m as optimus and uses the 3000 and 960 for optimus, but i could also just run the egpu 960 from pci without the intel hd, would that work then?

It would be a dual-GPU setup. Internal would use HD3000, external the eGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back