Contribute
Register

Asus K55a

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"

There is pretty good support for Realtek Ethernet. Most work, but not all. There are at least four different drivers to choose from:
- Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext
- lnx2mac RealtekRTL81xx.kext
- slice's RealtekR1000SL.kext
- Realtek original

Which one you use depends on the specific Realtek device you have and which driver works best (if at all).

also is there anything that could go wrong when i try to do the mackintosh that can't be fixed by reverting the bios changes or removing the partion

The only common "dangerous" action would be flashing a patched BIOS (flashing a bad one could brick the laptop), or replacing hardware components such as WiFi cards (static discharge).

would i need to flash or patch my bios (don't know what version of bios(if needed could try and find out))

Some people like to flash BIOS (when possible) to disable BIOS locking of CPU MSRs which causes KP/reboot if not using modified kernel(Haswell) or patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

I tend not to risk it and simply use the patched code instead...

Some people like to flash BIOS (when possible) to disable BIOS locking of CPU MSRs which causes KP/reboot if not using modified kernel(Haswell) or patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Could you please respond :( i want to get this "hack book pro" started asap

Also what are the bios setting i need to change other than vt-d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back