Contribute
Register

Asus GT 730 2GB DDR3 in 10.9.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I finally got it to boot without anything but GraphicsEnabler=Yes, which I put in org.chameleon.boot.plist. I realised I hadn't disabled vt-d and virtualisation, which fixed the safe mode boot flag requirement issue.

I installed the NVIDIA web drivers and they changed nothing. Yes, I injected the kernel flag nvda_drv=1 into the plist. ;) After all that it made no difference so I uninstalled the drivers.

However, System Report still identifies the chipset as unknown and 1024MB, despite being a 2048MB card. I then downloaded the Apple OpenCL tool Galaxies and it seemed like I was getting poor performance. However the app correctly identified the card as a GT 730! Weird. The app didn't crash despite using OpenCL calls.

Question: I've searched online and can't find any information on how to test or check if QE/CI is working in Mavericks. Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers :)

In any case, I am going to recommend to the guy I'm building this hack for to get a GT740 as he needs acceleration for Adobe Premiere.

Just an update for those that this thread might help...

We got the GT 740 and it worked OOB with GraphicsEnabler=No. That's it. The card is identified as NVIDIA chipset, not the GT 740 as Mavericks does not identify this specific model by name. However I'm getting full acceleration, OpenCL/GL and the full 2048MB of VRAM.

Works like charm. 10.9.5.

Hello everyone, I would kindly request your input and insight on a very similar problem I am facing.

Been running a mobo with Gigabyte P55M-UD4 board and Gainward 9500 GT [10de:0640] for a long time without issues, updated to 10.9.5 and everything is still perfect. Using Chimera then Chameleon and only GraphicsEnabler=Yes with minor DSDT tweaking for the system in vanilla.

Decided to upgrade the graphics to an (equally) silent/passively-cooled card PNY GeForce GT 730 (NV106) [10de:1287] so thought it was a simple card-swapping thing. However, for the life of me, I tried these past 2 days every combination possible, I cannot get to desktop. Safe mode, always verbose, GraphicsEnabler=No or nvda_drv=1... with UseKextCache=No always but nothing happens.

It stops at the same position on screen and doesn't switch to desktop. Last entry is either the Ethernet being up, or "VW Swap Subsystem is ON" i.e. the last entry before kickstarting the UI.

While in -v verbose boot, in some cases I see "NVDAStartup Official" and another like "NVDAxx100xxxx" which I didn't write down (Console has no record of it) and no errors about not detecting the card. The latter is simlar to "NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered" that I see with older card.

Having used previously created KextCache, I got the same error:

GeForceSensors (pci1): [Fatal] unknown Kepler chipset 0x106
GeForceSensors (pci1): [Fatal] unknown chipset 0xb06070b1

for this Kepler GK208 chipset, which was caused by that FakeSMC.kext plugin that I removed, hoping that it was blocking boot. Still nothing.

Anyone has managed to work and stabilize the use of this GT730 card? I got it because it was 4x more powerful than my old 9500 GT as a last possible upgrade to this older system.

Thank you in advance for any effort to assist me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back