Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I've been trying to get SL to work on this laptop.
I found different topics on the forum about the g73jh, and I can see that many have succeeded to install a nearly 100% working OSX on it.
However, following different guides I still couldn't make it work.
It seems that the installation on the TZ038V version of this laptop still hasn't been discussed, the specs are very similar to the other G73JHs in this forum, but it seems that the procedure used by others is not working for me.

My laptop specs are in my signature, this is what I've done so far:

- iBoot legacy 2.7.2 as boot cd
- swapped cd with OsX SL retail burned to a dual layer dvd and booted from that (apart from graphics and network, I was happy to hear the sound was already working, keyboard and mouse too)
- with disk utility I formatted one of the HDs to Mac OSX Journaled
- back to the installation, everything OK.
- rebooted from iBoot disc, sound working, mouse and keyboard working, no network or graphics.
- created DSDT.aml with DSDT Auto Patcher (asus g73jh)
- ran Multibeast and installed:
Install UserDSDT
System Utilities
VoodooHDA 0.2.1
3rd Party SATA
ElliotForceLegacyRTC
FameSMC and all plugins
NullCPUPowerManagement,
PS/2 Keyboard

- installed Chimera 1.9.1
- in Chameleon wizard-smbios tab, I chose MacBookPro 8.2
- Chameleon wizard-org.chameleon.Boot:
GUI Timeout: 2
Legacy Logo
Kernel: mach_kernel
Use Kernel Cache
npci-0x2000
darkwake=0
Ethernet Built In
System Type: Laptop
DSDT.aml (created with DSDT Auto patcher)
SMBios.plist (in Extra Folder)
Restart Fix
Generate P-States
Generate C-States
Graphics Enabler
Ati Config: Orangutan

- with kext wizard I installed AsusHotkeys.kext, VoodooBattery.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- repair and create mkext in Extras folder
- ran Kext Utility

When I rebooted, I got stuck in a boot loop.
If I boot from iBoot CD I can start the Osx but the mouse is just moving the cursor and I can't click anything on the screen, neither the keyboard seems to be working, this happens even with an external apple usb keyboard and mouse, so I'm now really stuck.

I'll try with a fresh install, do you have any suggestion?
I didn't update the system to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 before making all the configurations, should I update before?
Will I have more luck starting with a Lion retail disc instead of SL?
Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks

Hi, I've been trying to get SL to work on this laptop.
I found different topics on the forum about the g73jh, and I can see that many have succeeded to install a nearly 100% working OSX on it.
However, following different guides I still couldn't make it work.
It seems that the installation on the TZ038V version of this laptop still hasn't been discussed, the specs are very similar to the other G73JHs in this forum, but it seems that the procedure used by others is not working for me.

My laptop specs are in my signature, this is what I've done so far:

- iBoot legacy 2.7.2 as boot cd
- swapped cd with OsX SL retail burned to a dual layer dvd and booted from that (apart from graphics and network, I was happy to hear the sound was already working, keyboard and mouse too)
- with disk utility I formatted one of the HDs to Mac OSX Journaled
- back to the installation, everything OK.
- rebooted from iBoot disc, sound working, mouse and keyboard working, no network or graphics.
- created DSDT.aml with DSDT Auto Patcher (asus g73jh)
- ran Multibeast and installed:
Install UserDSDT
System Utilities
VoodooHDA 0.2.1
3rd Party SATA
ElliotForceLegacyRTC
FameSMC and all plugins
NullCPUPowerManagement,
PS/2 Keyboard

- installed Chimera 1.9.1
- in Chameleon wizard-smbios tab, I chose MacBookPro 8.2
- Chameleon wizard-org.chameleon.Boot:
GUI Timeout: 2
Legacy Logo
Kernel: mach_kernel
Use Kernel Cache
npci-0x2000
darkwake=0
Ethernet Built In
System Type: Laptop
DSDT.aml (created with DSDT Auto patcher)
SMBios.plist (in Extra Folder)
Restart Fix
Generate P-States
Generate C-States
Graphics Enabler
Ati Config: Orangutan

- with kext wizard I installed AsusHotkeys.kext, VoodooBattery.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- repair and create mkext in Extras folder
- ran Kext Utility

When I rebooted, I got stuck in a boot loop.
If I boot from iBoot CD I can start the Osx but the mouse is just moving the cursor and I can't click anything on the screen, neither the keyboard seems to be working, this happens even with an external apple usb keyboard and mouse, so I'm now really stuck.

I'll try with a fresh install, do you have any suggestion?
I didn't update the system to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 before making all the configurations, should I update before?
Will I have more luck starting with a Lion retail disc instead of SL?
Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks

I would try updating first to 10.6.8. And use a more current bootloader. Also try to keep the kext installs down to the bare minimum (no FakeSMC plugins, no VoodooHDA, probably others). Only FakeSMC and NullCPU is really necessary for the first reboot.

There is no such thing as a 'Lion retail disc' and Lion is not available unless you're a registered/paid Apple developer ($100/year). Mountain Lion is your only other possibility.

Thank you very much for the info, I'll start downloading the packages for updating to 10.6.8 (the combo-update somehow failed installing) and a new bootloader, and I will try with a fresh install this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
I suspect the vodooHDA is giving me some problems, but since I could hear sound already in the first boot it's probably not necessary.

Thank you very much for the info, I'll start downloading the packages for updating to 10.6.8 (the combo-update somehow failed installing) and a new bootloader, and I will try with a fresh install this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
I suspect the vodooHDA is giving me some problems, but since I could hear sound already in the first boot it's probably not necessary.

You probably have sound in first boot because VoodooHDA is present in iBoot...

I would avoid VoodooHDA (it is known to cause stability issues) and instead look for patched AppleHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back