CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
GTX 960M + HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully made a USB via Unibeast and clover. The install went fine but it keeps booting to a grub instead of macOS. I previously had Mint on the partition I am using but I wiped it when I began. Any thoughts on how to boot?

I have successfully made a USB via Unibeast and clover. The install went fine but it keeps booting to a grub instead of macOS. I previously had Mint on the partition I am using but I wiped it when I began. Any thoughts on how to boot?
when you boot with your usb installer, and reach recovery, erase the drive as master boot record first, then re erase it hfs+ and re install macOS

or if you have access to the EFI partition, remove any linux folders

when you boot with your usb installer, and reach recovery, erase the drive as master boot record first, then re erase it hfs+ and re install macOS

or if you have access to the EFI partition, remove any linux folders
I will try reinstalling, it may be GPT but I will double check. I was trying to mount the EFI partition but I wasn’t able to.

I will try reinstalling, it may be GPT but I will double check. I was trying to mount the EFI partition but I wasn’t able to.
also you will need to keep booting from your usb stick until you can copy the efi folder from the usb stick to the efi partition on the hard drive...

also you will need to keep booting from your usb stick until you can copy the efi folder from the usb stick to the efi partition on the hard drive...
I am in recovery but I don’t have an option to convert to MBR in disk utility. I think terminal can accomplish this?

I am in recovery but I don’t have an option to convert to MBR in disk utility. I think terminal can accomplish this?
in diskutility make sure to click on view and then click on show all devices, then click on the drive name on the left and then choose the erase option

in diskutility make sure to click on view and then click on show all devices, then click on the drive name on the left and then choose the erase option
I was able to format as hfs and mbr but now I can’t install? Says it needs to be gpt instead

I was able to format as hfs and mbr but now I can’t install? Says it needs to be gpt instead
yes, wipe as mbr to remove efi, then wipe as hfs to start fresh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back