Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus B150M-A
CPU
Core i3-6100
Graphics
N/A
Newbie here. This is my first time building a hackintosh. I just want to ask if my build can install El Capitan.

Build Details:
-----------------
MoBo: Asus B150M-A
Processor: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7Ghz
RAM: 8GB Avexir Blitz 1.1
Graphics: Not yet at the moment, tho I'm thinking of Nvidia 750 or 950.

Thanks.

I think your system should work.

The Ethernet chipset is the Realtek® RTL8111H which is supported in MultiBeast as is your audio chipset.

I'd go for the GTX 950. I'm using a Gigabyte GTX 950 in Gene. Stick with the EVGA and Gigabyte brands as they are better quality and have better adherence to the Nividia Reference Design. See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide for my recommendations.

The Ethernet chipset is the Realtek® RTL8111H which is supported in MultiBeast as is your audio chipset.

I'd go for the GTX 950. I'm using a Gigabyte GTX 950 in Gene. Stick with the EVGA and Gigabyte brands as they are better quality and have better adherence to the Nividia Reference Design. See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide for my recommendations.

whew! such a relief.. :D
thanks admin.

Sorry to bring this back again admin... but just got a news on the new 10 series gpu, specifically the 1050 which I've red that it's just an upgrade to the gtx 950. what's your thoughts about this. should I still stick with the 950 or can I go with the new 1050 ( to be released first week in october )... I'm just concerned about the compatibility. If I stick on the gtx950, can I use other brands like ASUS other than Gigabyte or EVGA.

Kind regards.

If you go with the GTX 950, it will work with the current Nvidia web drivers. If you wait for the 1050, you'll have to wait for the Nvidia drivers to catch up as the current Nvidia drivers do not support the 1000 series cards. Our best guess that the 1000 drivers will be release shortly after Sierra's release at the end of September.

I recommend you stick with either Gigabyte or EVGA brand GTX 950/1050. I've not read of any problems with these cards, and they are considered in the top tier of graphics card manufacturers whose card tend to stick very close to the Nvidia reference design (port layout). Additionally, their VBIOS are compatible with hackintoshes. ASUS GTX cards have been know to have problems with OS X as they tend to vary from the reference design.

Big thank you for your thoughts admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back