Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling with the USB Flashback Bios on my P8Z77-V. Read through my instruction manual and everything but I was unclear on how to set up my flash drive. Do I just need the bios file, or is there something else? The manual mentioned something about the flashback wizard but I didn't know if that was specifically for legitimate firmware or you need that for the modded firmware as well.

I'm struggling with the USB Flashback Bios on my P8Z77-V. Read through my instruction manual and everything but I was unclear on how to set up my flash drive. Do I just need the bios file, or is there something else? The manual mentioned something about the flashback wizard but I didn't know if that was specifically for legitimate firmware or you need that for the modded firmware as well.

you wont need the wizard. i believe that is for changing the filenames on the stock roms to the names needed by flashback (ive already changed the filenames on the modded roms).

all you need to do is extract the zip, put the rom onto a fat16/32 usb stick, put the stick in the correct port, push and hold a button and watch for the light.

you wont need the wizard. i believe that is for changing the filenames on the stock roms to the names needed by flashback (ive already changed the filenames on the modded roms).

all you need to do is extract the zip, put the rom onto a fat16/32 usb stick, put the stick in the correct port, push and hold a button and watch for the light.
I'm quite certain I'm doing it all correctly. I read the manual at least 10 times, I have the flash drive in the flashback port, the file on the root of the flash drive, etc. Press the button with the PC off, it blinks 3-5 times then a solid light and nothing happens. Not a clue what the issue could be.

from the bottom of http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/ (this all worked just like described on my P8Z77-I even though the page says it's for Z79 mobo's):

2. If the light flashes for five seconds and turns stable, USB BIOS Flashback is not operating properly. This may be caused by improper installation of the portable storage device, an error in the file name, or incompatibility in file formats. If this is the case, restart the system until the light clears, and check the file name and format.

So maybe try using a different USB drive? Make sure it is formatted FAT16 or FAT32. And re-download the BIOS file. The .CAP file should be the only thing in the root directory of your flash drive. Mine is called P8Z77ID.CAP if that helps with naming.

Well I just tried with official bios and I got the same thing, so maybe the USB stick is the issue. I don't know. I'm completely baffled by this.

Make sure that the USB stick was formatted with an MBR, not GPT schema.

MSI, Asrock and Foxconn 1155 Patched Bios Thread

Hey all,

I was hoping somebody could modify a BIOS for the ASUS P8H77-M LE board for me. Link to BIOS:
http://www.asus.com.au/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H77M_LE/#download

Sorry, ASUS don't seem to like direct download links :thumbdown: it downloads as a .CAP file, hope that is useable? :crazy:

Thanks to anybody who can help!

Flashback only works with a fat32 partition.

To any of you that are interested - I have being using the latest Clover for a week now and after some initial issues with me thinking about configuring chameleon while in Clover I have at last got a totally stable system which is working far more smoothly and much faster than I could ever get with Chameleon.

I am using the Sabertooth Z77 motherboard, I also discovered that the graphics are much better using the built in HD4000 and my Samsung SA850 monitor at 2560X1440 via the MB DP out, and I have removed my ATI 6870 graphics card, I am not using ANY DSDT as Clover looks at the BIOS and sorts out any anomalies much better that I could as you will see from the attached boot log.

I am very impressed and just now need to get this to boot directly with UEFI.

Great fun and rewarding for those that like to experiment, BUT beware do use a CCC backup disk initially as Clover does appear to write to the disk and affect chameleon if you fallback.

Have FUN...

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    6 MB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back