Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammnit!! I Just found this thread today, and would love to use a custom bios for the Asus P8P67-M (not the pro) but have BIOS 3602 installed and it will NOT allow for me to install the custom version posted for this mobo (v1701). Any way you could patch it for this newer firmware version? Or does anyone know a way to downgrade, and is it safe?

UPDATE: I've managed to compile my own custom BIOS for the Asus P8P67-M for BIOS 3602. Going to test my efforts tonight and if all goes well will post a link back to my compiled ROM for addition into the database.

Hopefully I won't brick my motherboard in the process... :?

UPDATE #2: Flashed the BIOS and it is working great! No longer getting kernel panics without the use of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext! Still having some issues when manually setting the computer to sleep (it actually does now, but wakes up within 2-3 seconds) so I'll need to explore further options such as with my DSDT and will report back my findings. But the BIOS is working great! JMicron and RAID controller functioning fine, and also have my hackintosh setup as an Apple RAID with 2x128GB SSDs and it's functioning like a dream.

Here is my modified BIOS 3602 for the Asus P8P67-M (not the pro model!) http://www.datafilehost.com/download-c13c9cb0.html

UPDATE #3: Finally got sleep working properly after removing the USB3 support (PXHCD.kext), which still had no effect in relation to the machine waking up after about 2 seconds of sleeping, so I looked at the wake/sleep guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57287 and used the second part of the suggested DSDT edits on my system (as the first one had issues with non-existant items in my DSDT):

Code:
Device (PWRB)
        {
            Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
            Name (_UID, 0xAA)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x08, 0x04))
            }
        }

I'm happy to report that sleep is now functioning properly!!! The only issue I am experiencing now is my sound not working when returning from sleep (using VoodooHDA.kext) so I need to look into a fix for this, and will report back with my findings.

Excellent work for everyone involved in getting this all together! It's been over a year and after countless attempts I never thought I'd see the day when my system would ever go to sleep properly, but you've made it happen! Thanks!

@ouija

Seeing as you've done all the hard work on that bios - I'm wondering if you would supply your dsdt.aml that goes with the bios? I do have one that I made, but I'm a noob at osx and don't understand much in it so no doubt yours would be better. As for audio, voodoohda for our board I've found to be rather crap so I use this modified applehda with a hdaenabler. That might help you.

Attachments

• p8p67m audio.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 101
Hi guys i have a p8z68-v pro gen3
I patched the bios with the one in the database.
boot works and i can get lan to work using multi beast.

Problem is sleep whenever i choose sleep from the apple menu it will just freeze the screen. then i click my mouse and the computer will unfreeze.

anyone have ideas??

Could I trouble someone for an Asus P6B87 Deluxe 3207 DSDT file?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back