Contribute
Register

"ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)"

I wanted to check the sound, and i saw that there are no audio outputs detected, not on the system preferences nor on the system report. My motherboard has the alc3204 audio codec and i don't know how to make it work. I tried some layout IDs but they didn't work. I want macos to recognise the HDMI as an audio option, because i want to use my monitor's speakers because they are louder than the laptop's ones. Is there a different kext i need to use? Should i use the AppleALC kext? I don't use it currently but if it is needed i will add it from my backup efi folder

I wanted to check the sound, and i saw that there are no audio outputs detected, not on the system preferences nor on the system report. My motherboard has the alc3204 audio codec and i don't know how to make it work. I tried some layout IDs but they didn't work. I want macos to recognise the HDMI as an audio option, because i want to use my monitor's speakers because they are louder than the laptop's ones. Is there a different kext i need to use? Should i use the AppleALC kext? I don't use it currently but if it is needed i will add it from my backup efi folder
ALC3204 is not listed:
although it may be the same as:
ALC236

in that case, you can try each of these, one at a time, also reset nvram when you test each one:
layout 3, 4, 5, 13, 21, 27, 28, 29, 32, 33

ALC3204 is not listed:
github.com
Supported codecs
Native macOS HD audio for not officially supported codecs - acidanthera/AppleALC
github.com github.com
although it may be the same as:
ALC236

in that case, you can try each of these, one at a time, also reset nvram when you test each one:
layout 3, 4, 5, 13, 21, 27, 28, 29, 32, 33
I tried all of them but they didn't work. I booted into linux and it shows that the codec is the Conexant CX20642. Why is windows showing the alc3204? Also are there any supported kexts for this codec?

I tried all of them but they didn't work. I booted into linux and it shows that the codec is the Conexant CX20642. Why is windows showing the alc3204? Also are there any supported kexts for this codec?
Hello,

Keep AppleALC.kext.

For CX20642 try alcid=11 or alcid=13 in boot-args line.
Not to forget to reset nvram !

Cheers :)

Back