Contribute
Register

"ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)"

Hi there.

I do not think there is a macOS kext for this ethernet controller.

The chief author of the RTL81** series, Mieze, has not updated her drivers for this chipset.
is there a way to make a kext file myself for this spesific controller?

i checked the guide and installed the kext but i still have no internet connection. Also is there a way to preview my screen on my external monitor
yes, HDMI and DP is supported

VGA not so much, sometimes it can work but mostly it doesn't

yes, HDMI and DP is supported

VGA not so much, sometimes it can work but mostly it doesn't
i have hdmi and on windows the monitor is recognised instanly, but i cannot find how to change the screen on macos
NOTE : I have windows 10 on the same ssd but on a different partition for making changes with propertree. The other partition is still empty, I will install macos there. I have all the files for the installer on a usb drive

i have hdmi and on windows the monitor is recognised instanly, but i cannot find how to change the screen on macos
NOTE : I have windows 10 on the same ssd but on a different partition for making changes with propertree. The other partition is still empty, I will install macos there. I have all the files for the installer on a usb drive
you are better off installing macOS first before trying "post install stuff"

also for your wifi, a fellow hackintosher was able to get intel wifi working for installation here:

you are better off installing macOS first before trying "post install stuff"
i dont want to install "post install stuff" I just need to be able to connect to my secondary screen because the primary screen (the laptop's panel) is broken and most of the screen is not visible

also for your wifi, a fellow hackintosher was able to get intel wifi working for installation here:
Wifi and ethernet issues with OpenCore
i saw that the person got internet access after adding the SSIDs and the passwords, as well as the local i.p. Will there be a chance that it i edit the kext the same way i will get internet access as well?

I did the same thing as the person in this thread and i got it working. thank you very much

i dont want to install "post install stuff" I just need to be able to connect to my secondary screen because the primary screen (the laptop's panel) is broken and most of the screen is not visible
5th page in, then you mention this?

and yes, windows will see the second screen straight away

sometimes plugging in the screen after booting works, sometimes having the screen plugged in and then turning on laptop works, situations vary from laptop to laptop

and yes, other times it is a case of setting up screens after installing macOS, hence the phrase post install

you will need to look into the framebuffers:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Back