Contribute
Register

ASRock Z87 Extreme9/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks.

Id rather ask a moderator and get their opinion first. :wave:

It's worth the wait :thumbup: :headbang: :think: :thumbup:

GA-Z87X-UD7 TH.jpg08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH 4.jpg06_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH.jpg08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH 2.jpg08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH 3.jpg07_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH.jpg08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH.jpg

o_O :p

Nice board but which processor, if this supports the haswell processor? No OS-X right see http://www.tonymacx86.com/358-early-adopter-s-guide-intel-s-haswell-cpus-8-series-motherboards.html

Why wouldnt it support / be compatible with OSX?

Every mobo in Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards is a Gigabyte mobo

http://www.tonymacx86.com/358-early-adopter-s-guide-intel-s-haswell-cpus-8-series-motherboards.html

This board: GA-Z87X-UD7 TH

It will be on sale at Amazon and Newegg in early August (per sales dept Gigabyte US)

very nice choice unlike the asus mobos the dvi doesnt block the usb 3.0 ports and has the same asmedia host controler aka 1061/1040a the wireless is unsupported at this point so have a backup plan also the locked msr is easier to unlock than the asus mobos its also better than the gigabyte choices as they have the crapy marvell controller for sata and usb 3.0 also if using clover boot loader the locked msr wont be an issue as it will binary patch the appleintelcpumanagement kext a great build overall

pay no attention to the asus fanboys
:p Guess it's time to do a Z87 motherboard review based on "MB Color Scheme"... ;) Oh wait, maybe it's better to wait until OSX actually supports Haswell... We've always known that MB color scheme "blue" was better than MB color scheme "red", we never could draw a conclusion on MB color scheme "yellow". And we just don't have enough info to date to evaluate MB color scheme "gold"... What fricking nonsense.

stehor: get off the fanboy BS, this site for years has been front-loaded with gigabyte fanboy crap, it's time to get over it ... (If you choose to discuss, take it to PM)

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't it only work for Maverick when its comes out. You can't get Unibeast to work on these just yet.

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't it only work for Maverick when its comes out. You can't get Unibeast to work on these just yet.
You're not wrong, no Haswell support today... regardless of what's been posted, it's not likely Haswell support will be available in 10.8.5, waiting for Mav...

Maybe Im wrong, but I heard someone say ML runs on 4770K. I think it was PJ in the chat room, but I could be wrong and if this comment needs to be removed, Ill gladly edit it! Someone did say that though (ML runs on Haswell). ML is nice.

:clap: :)

There are a lot of Haswell builds with Mavericks DP just not here.

Oh, and ASUS is still using the locked MSR, so we will need patched BIOS this year too.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back