Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found some time last night to do a fresh install. I wanted to wait until 10.9.3 was released.

I have my system fully up and running (thanks to both giacomoleopardo and flicka for the great work they've done). I will update the guide in the OP to fully reflect the latest and greatest. My plan is to do that this weekend.

Everything seems to be working great. Stay tuned.

Performed the 10.9.3 combo update. All is working fine after reinstalling AppleHDA and IONetworking kext

Flicka, did you ever have (or still have) the annoying issue where you get the 'Disk was not ejected properly' after waking from sleep? I see an app-store application that will work around this issue, but I hate having to use a third party tool.

Flicka, did you ever have (or still have) the annoying issue where you get the 'Disk was not ejected properly' after waking from sleep? I see an app-store application that will work around this issue, but I hate having to use a third party tool.

Hi buckeyes,
Yes I have, but only with the asmedia USB 3.0, with the intel all is working fine. Till now no solution for this issue. I'm using GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.7 with -gux_no_idle kernel flag.
I've tried the latest Nvidia driver too and finally AGPM is working properly with my gt650ti.

Updated to 10.9.3

Asrock Z77E-ITX
i7 3770K
GTX 670
BCM943225HMB Wifi+Bluetooth mini PCIE card

update using combo
after update got kernel pacnic
remove AppleIntelHD* kext in single user mode (-v -s)
boot normally
Trim + Audio + Ethernet gone
reinstall previous ethernet kext solved internet issue
use multibeast for audio and trim

wifi BT combo issue
BTcant turn off
fix product and vendor id solved the issue
magic trackpad gone crazy ( sometime no tap to click. sometime mouse cant move but click button work )
called back old IOBluettothfamily kext
remove com.bluetooth plist
issue solved.

HD4000 1080p only

Does anyone running this mobo with the HD4000 have the issue where only 1080p works normally?

720p works, but part of the display is cut off at the edges on my Sony TV, and the overscan option doesn't change anything. 1600x900 just shows up garbled. I'm using this setup as an HTPC, and 1080p is almost illegible from the couch we sit on. Does anyone know how to make the other resolutions work normally on Mavericks? On Mountain Lion I didn't have any such issue.

Ok so I'm trying to convert a very similar system and was hoping for some guidance.

Anyway I'm slightly confused as to the order of things.

I've already patched the bios and flashed it succesfully.
I know I have to make a mountain lion usb with unibeast on a mac computer.

Then I have to install some kext files. Are these installed after successfully installing osx on the system or is it something that modifies the bootable usb?

Then I believe I have to use multibeast with the settings in Buckeyes1995's thread.

Then I hopefully can just follow the rest of the instructions in that thread?

Anyone update to Yosemite yet?

My only worry is perhaps needing a new networking kext...

Anyone update to Yosemite yet?

My only worry is perhaps needing a new networking kext...

I'm trying to do it, but, how you supposed, I have problems with the network and audio kext. A further problem is that now I have an issue with CarbonCopyCloner, I can not boot from the cloned HDD after formatting the partition and cloning the main HDD.
A week ago I've updated to CCC 4.0 and till now I have had no problem to do incremental cloning. In my system I have a 250GB SSD and two 2TB HDD, both with a 256GB and a 1,74TB partition, the smaller for the OS and the bigger for data.
I will try to revert to the older version of CCC to see if the new one is faulty. Before attempting a new Yosemite install I have to solve this issue.
If you have any idea please post it

Not sure on the CCC issue, but perhaps it's related to the new version of chimera? Did you use the new Yosemite MultiBeast 7 to install Chimera 4?

Before installing Yosemite, I made a bootable rsync backup of my system. Upon running into issues with Yosemite (after using multibeast), I restored from my backup. To get it to boot properly, I had to run an older version of MultiBeast (6.5 I believe) to install the older Chimera. I used my UniBeast-created USB drive to boot properly in order to make the repairs. After that, booting was fine with my old Mavericks install.

As alluded to, my issues with Yosemite seem to be related to the kext installs made by MultiBeast 7. I did the allow kext thing, but that did not make a difference. I was getting a circle with a cross through it, which seems like it might be associated with trim enabler. For now, I'm waiting things out and using Mavericks.

Good luck with your backup restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back