Contribute
Register

AsRock z77 extrem4 sleep/wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct the graphics option on the BIOS should set to GPU if you are using a GPU and set it to onboard if you are using onboard HD3000 or HD4000.

You multibeast settings looks perfect.

Hey guys, I was able to use this thread to successfully install ML on my computer.

The only problem that I have now is that my CMOS will reset after I shutdown/reboot. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Tried posting this question in another thread about this board with no luck yet, so I thought I'd try here...

Just build my first hack with the specs seen below.
I've gotten everything working so far, but having one problem.
It's not keeping me from using the computer, but it's annoying because I can't see anything from the time I power on until I'm booted.

If I have my bios set to onboard video, it boots, but I can't see anything until OSX loads and logs me in (because I have my monitor plugged into the card, not the mobo) but in OSX, it'll be using the graphics card not the onboard.

But if I have the bios set to use the PCI Express graphics, I can watch it boot (have verbose booting on) but it'll stop part way through and never boot.

Using the same boot flags, just rebooting and not touching anything, it stops in the same general place, but not the exact same line. And sometimes it'll just be in the middle of loading and stop, sometimes it'll bring up the bit about no remote debugger.

My usual boot flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist are "darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1 -v" and GraphicsEnabler is set to No.
But I've tried every possible combo I could think of between PCIRootUID, GraphicsEnabler, and nvda_drv, but nothing worked.

Here's where it typically fails:

FIPS USER Space POST Success!
BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
BCM5701Enet: Ethernet address bc:5f:f4:ae:63:3c
NVDAStartup: Web
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered

-----

BootCacheControl:Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
(space and white bar)

----------------

FIPS USER Space POST Success!
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered

Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
DSMOS has arrived
ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
ip address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.
kdp_poll: no debugger device

ASRock Extreme 4 2.80 patched BIOS
i5 3570k
Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB
8GB Curcial ballistix sport DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 120GB SSD

Also, I installed using 10.8.4, and have the latest multibeast. Got everything running by piecing bits here and there from various threads about this board

here is my dsdt, asrock z77 extreme 4 bios 2.70
wake, sleep, audio alc898, hdmi 650 Ti works
hello, thank you very much for your DSDT, it works perfectly. I have the same computer but my graphics card is the GTX660 OC

Hello. Can you help me out.

I'm trying to "hackintosh" OS X Mavericks.

My specific hardware specs:
i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
AsRock extreme4 z77
Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 830 128gb SSD
16GB RAM

So very similar to the guy above me. I insta-flashed BIOS with modified 2.70.

Now for the DSDT. Which one should I choose? I saw many in this thread but I don't know which one to pick.

Thanks!

I have the oppisite problem guys,

On a USB boot after install I have complete sleep/wake function, then on a easybeast install I can boot up with full sleep/wake function

I have bios 2.9

no other special settings as I am too new to know whats up

Hey SVT are you saying that your 2.90 bios is working with USB 3 and you didn't even have to include a DSDT? Did you patch your 2.90 with UEFIPatch or the older PMPatch?

I have a 2.90 BIOS patched with UEFIPatch. I have not been able to fully test it though, at the moment I'm installing Mavs via a Clover/EFI USB and I threw in the nullcpu kext during install because I was having so much trouble getting the USB to boot into the Mavs disk image.

I later found out that the root of the problems with getting clover to run the Mavs installation was the DSDT I was trying to use in post #33, thinking that this DSDT would work with my system to get it up and running for boot/install and allow USB 3 plugging.

If possible, would MiniITX or others mind patching my 2.90 DSDT? I really want to use clover with my new setup I have it with my 4540s and it's been flawless so far. Would like to see how it operates on my Z77 extreme4

(why am I using a z77 chipset? I had a P67 for years that I loved but the mobo crapped out and I don't see a need to upgrade to haswell yet I really like my 2600k -- I'd prefer to keep the 1155 chip for another few years and maybe do a next gen build when the new CPUs are out).

Thanks gang!

Attachments

• Z77EXT42.90.patched.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 120
If it's not too much trouble here's my DSDT would absolutely appreciate an edit. Anything I can do to help be more than happy to.

Specs:
2600k sandy bridge
asrock z77 2.90 patched using UEFIPatcher (I believe it works because I've removed null from clover bootloader on USB and it boots fine)
16gb corsair ballastix
240 ssd with OSX Mavericks (currently 10.9.1 hope to update to .4)

Attachments

• Z77_2600k_DSDT.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 110
If it's not too much trouble here's my DSDT would absolutely appreciate an edit. Anything I can do to help be more than happy to.

Specs:
2600k sandy bridge
asrock z77 2.90 patched using UEFIPatcher (I believe it works because I've removed null from clover bootloader on USB and it boots fine)
16gb corsair ballastix
240 ssd with OSX Mavericks (currently 10.9.1 hope to update to .4)

Here you go. Make sure you install correct kexts using multibeast. Use forum search for help.

-

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back