Contribute
Register

Asrock Z68 Pro3 got it running flawlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where I am going wrong with my install on this board. I've followed the steps for install with iBoot+Multibeast. Where I'm getting stuck is after installing the 10.6.7 combo update and then running the Multibeast install I'm getting a kernel panic right before the Multibeast install finishes. I've tried it both with the EasyDSDT method and userDSDT with the DSDT file I've generated for my setup. The bad part is that after I get this kernel panic I am no longer able to boot into my install, booting with iBoot and -v doesn't show any errors, the system just reboots.

Hmm.. I got it to install but haven't been able to get my network or audio interfaces working and have other minor issues. I made a post about it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22606

Did you use EasyDSDT or UserDSDT? I'm trying to figure out what else I might have done wrong that would be causing my problems.

I tried re-running multibeast and choosing Easy DSDT and the proper kexts but it still doesn't seem to be working. I'll probably start from scratch over the weekend. Were there any changes to the bios that you made other then making sure the drives were in AHCI mode?

mfranke said:
Hi Folks,
since Yesterday evening in the Chat Room (many thx to tonymac, he supported me) my new System is up and running.

The Mainboard is very cheap (only 100,-)

Here are my steps for setting up this baby.
Booting up with iboot.3.03
System Installation 10.6.0, then
Combo update + MultiBeast + BridgeHelper + Chimera1.4

after the full known procedures... the sytem came up directly from the hardrive..., BUT got no network nor audio!
But MultiBeast made this working... maybe there is a better and faster way.... anyway it is working.

here are my specs:
Mainboard Asrock Z68 pro3,
CPU 2500k,
16gig ram (Team--Elite-1333)
GeForce 6600
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Kernel-Version: Darwin 10.7.3
64-Bit-Kernel and -Erweiterungen: Nein
Audio: Audio-ID: 892 (the new ALC892Enabler.pkg is working perfect)
Kext-Name: AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

minor Problem:
Unknown AHCI Standard Controller:

Hersteller: Unknown
Produkt: AHCI Standard Controller
Beschreibung: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

i did not know who the manufactor is!!!

regards
Martin Franke

I have Asrock Z68 Pro3 too, but boot from HD and ethernet on the motherboard are not working.

Can you tell me what's the settings in your BIOS?

I did iBoot,
System 10.6.3
Combo Update 10.6.7 (if I do 10.6.8, USB not working after reboot)
MultiBeast Easy

I can't find BridgeHelper, the page says use Combo Update 10.6.8, but after reboot, my USB doesn't work and I can't move my mouse.

Chimera doesn't seem to have any effect.

TooSixy said:
@shubinzhu:

Here's BridgeHelper.
1010110101/BridgeHelper-2.1.0.zip

You'll need to select Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL811xx Ethernet kext in MB for your Realtek Ethernet. You may need IOUSBFamily Rollback in MB for your USB.

Thank you for responding.

I have
Asrock Z68 Pro3,
I did the
IBoot, OS X 10.6.3, ComboUpdat 10.6.7, BridgeHelper 2.1, MultiBeast 3.7.3 Easy, Chimera 1.4.1

Now, booting up from hard drive is working.

I tried Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL811xx Ethernet in the MultiBeast, ethernet didn't show up.
I also download the Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL81xx-67+Beta, ethernet still didn't work.

I did remember one time, I don't know what I did, ethernet showed up, but as cable unpluged. Then I tried in Windows, and ethernet was working good.

Not sure what else to try to get the build-in ethernet working.

After few more tries, got ethernet work.

What I did was run the MultiBeast, select System Utilities and Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL811xx Ethernet. After reboot, ethernet showed up. plug in ethernet cable, got IP, ping good, load web page, load half, ping failed. left cat5 cable in, reboot, ping good, load web page good.

Now, trying to get the sound to work. it's Realtek ALC892 chip.

Got the sound working. I guess the trick is have to select System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA, and ALC892.

So now the only thing left is to get the Combo 10.6.8 working. After installing it, it masks the screen and want to reboot. After reboot, it keep going into reboots.

Tried lnx kext as well, didn't work properly

Take the realtek one in mb

Install worked for me with this guide back in june when i gave it a try, started tinkering around with a triple-boot with lion and windows, which worked but broke down aftter trying to get opengl working in lion and upgrading snow to 10.6.8

Since then i spent several days hunting down my steps to get snow working with full accel for my pny 460 gtx

Sigh, never change a running system, eh ;)

Guess i just love to tinker with my system too much :lol:

I had no luck with my Asrock Z68 Pro3. It just stands on Apple logo for eternety when I try to boot from my old hard disk (working 10.6.7 system with same graphics card - nVidia XFX 250 GTS 1 GB). OK, I've tried to make some fresh installations, but while trying to boot installer (I've got iBoot working) after few pages of text in verbose mode I get to the moment when resolution has to change and I get either frozen black screen or system reboots. Same happens if I use nVidia graphics card or i7 2600K's integrated graphics.

Same happens if I try to install 10.6.0 or Lion. :banghead:

Do you know what the last couple lines were when you would boot in verbose mode before the screen went black?

it restarts or becomes black to fast :) I think it finishes with all kexts and then it breaks.

Which version of iBoot and MultiBeast are you using? What version of the BIOS are you on for the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back