Contribute
Register

ASROCK FATAL1TY Z270, Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually unable to install Unibeast High Sierra from within Catalina. There is a problem at the end of the install. I will need to downgrade to Mojave in order to install Unibeast High Sierra. Anybody know if I can run a VM of Mojave from within Catalina in order to do this? Just installed Catalina and all of my software. Would be kind of a bummer to nuke it for this, only to install an older OS on a Hackintosh.

Certainly not a fan of all the work involved, but unable to get a VM working correclty so here goes, following the 4 steps laid out here. Doing a full backup on my MacBook Air to make this possible:

Made the installer with UniBeast in Mojave, but now I am getting the no entry sign like this when I boot with UniBeast for High Sierra.

My motherboard only has USB 3 ports. But could this be an issue with the installer, not the motherboard?

what i tend to do before an OS update is a full disk copy of my OS volume on a separate disk. That way, if I need to roll back, I can use a bootable USB stick, and the disk utility from an installer to restore the old partition. The downside is that it takes time. The upside is, it's mostly just time you can leave your computer be, and copy files. The time isn't fiddling with backwards installations. (I say this, because I've been in this situation before.) Make sure you do a full disk copy, low level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back