Contribute
Register

Asrock Extreme-4M | i5 2500K | Royalqueen r9 280x | Ripjaw 4096MB*4 | EVO 840 500GB + WDC2GB+1,5GB |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

For couple days I have been trying to install El Capitan to my Western digital storage drive, I have already partion it so i have about 500GB free space for the install. I'm running W10 on my ssd and have vmplayer running with the latest El Capitan.

I have made a boot usb from a 8GB sdhc card with usb adaptor stick. I used the latest Unibeast from this forum and did everything it said twice (format, install, try it and a lot of banging my head to the wall). First time I used UEFI mode and the second time legacy mode when installing with Unibeast.

I have resetted my bios to default settings, Speedstep and speed spectrum off. No overclocking on the cpu. I have a water cooling system in cpu but i think it doesn't matter and as long as my bios settings for the fans are always on, I should be safe?

When I run the boot usb in safe mode I now get one half line of + and about minute later my screen turns off after getting the last line DSMOS has arrived. Before that i have about 15 long lines of apple.com errors and something about not finding the directories and files. Also something about bluetooth, which I don't have in my mobo. Also previous shutdown cause 5.

Sometimes it is complaining about kernel panic and memory exceeding capacity. If I don't make any boot arguments it shows apple logo and then loads to 60% and the lower half of my screen flashes white and the signal is lost from card hdmi, changing the output to mobo hdmi doesn't do a thing.

cpus=1 and the common flags does not work, or i haven't put them in in the right compination. I have installed and uninstalled drivers from clover configurator and nothing seems to be working, only differance is that sometimes i get block screen and don't have to restart and sometimes the screen just goes black after loading so I have to get up and restart manually. What a pain in the ass.

Sooooo... a little help?? I would have put pictures here but i don't know how cause the lines go so fast even in -x or -v.

UPDATE!!!!

I took 280x out and changed the hd sata connections to sata2 from sata3. I also changed bios settings to this. Shared video memory 64, and primary monitor is now onboard graphics. I now can get to installer. Only thing I noticed was that I couldn't install osx on the empty space i allocated to one of my hd. It doesn't even show it in the disk utility. Now I'm copying all of my data on another hd and then i'm going to format it completely. I'll update this as I'm progressing.

Last edited:
UPDATE 2

cleaned out my hdd and El Capital is installed. Now the sound is not working and screen tears when moving windows etc. Internet is working. Now I'm running multibeast and will see how that goes.

UPDATE 3

I have tried 3 times installing multibeast settings. Each time i restart i can't open OS from hd alone. I have to put the installer usb in and then i can open OS from hd... what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back