Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3
CPU
Intel Core-i3 6100
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I have looked on Amazon, Aliexpress and eBay but I can't seem to find any of these in stock, have they been discontinued or did I just pick a bad week to buy one.

Finally what is the usual price of these in USD so I know if I am getting a good/bad deal?

I have looked on Amazon, Aliexpress and eBay but I can't seem to find any of these in stock, have they been discontinued or did I just pick a bad week to buy one.

Finally what is the usual price of these in USD so I know if I am getting a good/bad deal?

I got a Fenvi T919 on Amazon a few months ago for $60. Recently I built another Hack and saw the Fenvi out of stock everywhere as well. Then I found this card on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BC...i-E-WiFi-Adapter-Hackintosh-BT-/302395660256?

To me it looked like the same exact card, just with a different logo on the metal cover that goes on the PCB. It was also cheaper than the Fenvi. I took a chance and sure enough, it works just as well as the Fenvi. They're probably made at the same factory I would guess. I even used the Fenvi drivers on the Windows side to see if they would work and they do. I don't remember how long shipping from China took but it was just over a week I think. I would not hesitate to get another one, both BlueTooth and Wifi are work great with this card, just like my other hack with the Fenvi. Hope that helps!

I got a Fenvi T919 on Amazon a few months ago for $60. Recently I built another Hack and saw the Fenvi out of stock everywhere as well. Then I found this card on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BC...i-E-WiFi-Adapter-Hackintosh-BT-/302395660256?

To me it looked like the same exact card, just with a different logo on the metal cover that goes on the PCB. It was also cheaper than the Fenvi. I took a chance and sure enough, it works just as well as the Fenvi. They're probably made at the same factory I would guess. I even used the Fenvi drivers on the Windows side to see if they would work and they do. I don't remember how long shipping from China took but it was just over a week I think. I would not hesitate to get another one, both BlueTooth and Wifi are work great with this card, just like my other hack with the Fenvi. Hope that helps!

Good find there Crayonshin, I'm going to take the plunge and buy one of these, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks everyone else for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back