GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having problems getting RAID 0 to work with Chimera 1.11.1. I have the bootloader on a separate disk/partition, and trying to boot OS X located on a striped array. It works with Chameleon r2061 but not with Chimera.

Strangely, in Chimera boot menu if I first pick one of the stripes, it fails and goes back to the menu; then I pick another OS X partition that is not on RAID, and I think it loads kernel and extensions from there and proceeds to boot into RAID 0 volume.

I did not have to edit the plist to include RAID UUID in kernel flags; doing so has no effect for me.

I'm having problems with facetime/imessage/icloud. appstore works fine. i have tried all kinds of combinations of new smbios, verified builtinEthernet is set, and my only interface is en0. i'm on 10.8.2 with RAID, but i cannot get facetime/imessage to work. it has to be the version of chameleon/chimera i'm using. what version will boot RAID and has facetime fix for 10.8 ?

Hi,

Just curious if anyone else is having problems with there Hard drives failing using Apple Software Raid (using Raid 0). My drives are dying after about 3-4 months, 3 gone so far. It could be bad drives, but I'm not sure after using a drive that has been working solid for 6 months in my Drobo, I swapped in from a bad one, 3 months later, its dead. Anyone have any ideas to what might be happening????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back