Contribute
Register

Apple Releases App to Build USB Recovery/Install Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably because it's labeled as Apple_Boot instead of Apple_HFS, so Chameleon don't know what it is. Just guessing...

Looks like D-an-W beat me to it.

Thanks! Those all seem like pretty valid reasons why we can't boot to it. I hate to fly with out a safety net, but alas... life of the hackintosh.

eMatoS said:
It's probably because it's labeled as Apple_Boot instead of Apple_HFS, so Chameleon don't know what it is. Just guessing...

Looks like D-an-W beat me to it.

That's my guess too.
I created the partition, done the operation, and even updated the Recovery Partition with the latest version found on the Software Updates, but it does not appear in Chimera :(

And just a tip during the creation of the "Recovery HD" partition:
instead of going along with this guide, by resizing the current one by subtract the exact byte, then creating the new one, you can simply use Disk Utilities and add a new partition, which can be a minimum of 1,07GB, then from the console run just
Code:
diskutil resizeVolume diskXsX 650002432B
and that partition will get to the exact size, giving the extra space to the previous partition.

Just revert the last step, convert the partition back to HFS & then try to boot from it. Remember to copy the Extra folder + any necessary kext.

Code:
asr adjust --target /dev/diskXsY -settype "Apple_HFS"

I just had a quick go at that and reverted it back to HFS, Chameleon still doesn't show the partition.

I didn't copy the Extra Folder however as I use Chameleon on it's own partition. Thinking about it as I now have the kexts I use in S/L/E, Chameleon would still need access to those files.

I will have another play at the weekend, got a busy few days scheduled this week (Real life getting in the way again :banghead: ).

Hi to all!
I've created the Recovery HD partition with Youtube Tutorial and I've updated with the last official recovery HD Update.
Now, Chamaleon can't see this hidden partition (recovery HD) and for this reason I've tried to create The Recovery HD on a USB pendrive (with Lion recovery disk assistant). The procedure finish with a successful message... but I can't see the Recovery HD partition on boot. When I try boot Lion on my hackintosh with this pendrive connected I receive a Kernel panic.
Please... help me!

thx D-an-W.
OK, we have to wait for a solution... ;)

Is it also possible to create this partition on an MBR disk?
I'd really like to have this functionality on my dual boot hackintosh laptop so I have recovery for both Win7 and OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back