1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I hope someone can point me to where I might have a problem.

OSX 10.9 on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L motherboard that has only USB2 ports on the motherboard, no USB3. The ports do work as they show USB sticks when one is connected, but they will not accept my Apple keyboard an mouse or Ilok key that holds software licenses. I have an add-on PCI USB3 card and the USB ports on that add-on card are the only ones that I can use to make my keyboard work but I need these ports for hard drives instead, so I really hope someone can help me to make my onboard USB ports work with the keyboard and mouse.

Any help much appreciated!

OSX 10.9 on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L motherboard that has only USB2 ports on the motherboard, no USB3. The ports do work as they show USB sticks when one is connected, but they will not accept my Apple keyboard an mouse or Ilok key that holds software licenses. I have an add-on PCI USB3 card and the USB ports on that add-on card are the only ones that I can use to make my keyboard work but I need these ports for hard drives instead, so I really hope someone can help me to make my onboard USB ports work with the keyboard and mouse.

no joy for 3 years:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/please-help-with-on-board-usb-ilok-issue.318009/post-2298787 ?

no joy for 3 years:
Time to buy some newer hardware ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know that Mavericks can run on Z87 or Q87 chipset motherboards. Even HD4600 graphics will work.
Boards like the Dell Optiplex 9020 (mATX) make a perfect hack. Using one myself today. An i7-4790 sells for around 33 dollars on Ebay so it's an easy and inexpensive way to upgrade.

Brand new, sealed Optiplex 9020 board, costs just $28.95 on Ebay. They were still making these Haswell boards back in 2019.

1706923127563.png

Only catch is that a PSU adapter and few other things are needed. Those are very inexpensive too.

16 GB ram kit (new) goes for around $20 on Amazon.

Grand total would be .... $98.95 approx. + abundant USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports.

Last edited:
Post your

Can you post your original DSDT, EFI and IORegistryExplorer?

Back