Contribute
Register

Apple Event October 16th with Retina iMacs, iPads, OS X Yosemite and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
How shall i go about backing up? Im guessing i have to format it to Mac OS Extended? and backup with Time Machine??

Yes.

Yes.

You can also make a clone of your whole Mavs install with CCC (carbon copy cloner) or
some use Super Duper. That is the fastest way to restore from a problem. You do need
to add the Chimera bootloader to your backup before reinstalling from it.

so if i backup with time machine then when my HACK is updated i can just restore if there is no data on it??

because i do not have any important files or programs... its just the hassle of reinstalling all those programs!

i dont think its worth cloning for me....

so if i backup with time machine then when my HACK is updated i can just restore if there is no data on it??

because i do not have any important files or programs... its just the hassle of reinstalling all those programs!

I'm not clear on what you are asking. Could you rephrase this ?

Yes, a TM backup is probably best for you. The upgrade should work with no
problems. If not just go back to Mavericks short term and wait for 10.10.2 or .3 etc.

im sorry

what i meant was if when i update, there is none of my programs or files, then i can just backup from time machine? and will it only restore my data and programs, or will it restore the whole OS (Mavericks?)?

sorry if you dont understand...

When you do an in place upgrade with a Yosemite USB made with Unibeast you won't
lose anything you had in your Mavs install. If you were to do a clean install then all
3rd party apps and programs and your files will be gone.

When you do an in place upgrade with a Yosemite USB made with Unibeast you won't
lose anything you had in your Mavs install. If you were to do a clean install then all
3rd party apps and programs and your files will be gone.

ohh ok thank you

also will i have to do the whole multibeast thing again??

and can i change my bootloader theme now? im already running mavericks and i dont like the theme that i chose? what would happen if i reapply multibeast now?

Generally just reapply audio and networking kexts from MBst. after the Yosemite update.
Yes you can change whatever you want before upgrading.

Make sure to follow Stork's step by step update guide he will post once Yosemite is available.
He does an excellent job making a list to follow and check off each step as you go.

Best of Luck !

Generally just reapply audio and networking kexts from MBst. after the Yosemite update.
Yes you can change whatever you want before upgrading.

Make sure to follow Stork's step by step update guide he will post once Yosemite is available.
He does an excellent job making a list to follow and check off each step as you go.

Best of Luck !

Thanks

Oh sorry one more thing, (the last one!), my wifi does not work in OS X (but my ethernet does...) i have the TP-Link TL-WN781ND and it does not work... which driver do i select in the multibeast selection? ethernet works fine... but it would be nice to have wifi support aswell...

so yosemite is supposed to support airdrop between ios devices aswell. so is it possible to airdrop between my hackintosh and my ipad over ethernet/wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back