Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i just finished mine, i first had it in my case with a wifi antenna at the back, but reception was poor because it was against the wall, so then i made this external one from an old usb card reader i had laying around, i also put an apple logo on there just for fun and looks, just had to do it :mrgreen:
6D8ElIbZ

Dts7gaqu

1eeKYOoG

it's kind of big :thumbdown: but i don't mind, reception is great :thumbup:

surrealillusion said:
pjjmpx said:
This is my Apple BT Module hack. Just using two diodes to lower the 5V to 3,3 VDC. And an old usb dongle.

Is that a USB wireless adapter that you used as the shell?

No is from an 3G USB from that i didn´t use.

Just fitted a BRCM2046 Apple module, bluetooth itself is fine but...

When waking from sleep, it takes thirty seconds or so for the Apple keyboard & mouse to reconnect, unlike a real Mac where they're good to go as soon as the screen's on. Sometimes the keyboard doesn't reconnect automatically at all.

This machine is on a P55M-UD2 with a custom DSDT.

Any tips?

ectoplasmosis said:

When waking from sleep, it takes thirty seconds or so for the Apple keyboard & mouse to reconnect, unlike a real Mac where they're good to go as soon as the screen's on. Sometimes the keyboard doesn't reconnect automatically at all.

Any tips?

I've now realised that when waking from sleep by pushing the power button, the bluetooth keyboard & mouse are instantly connected and ready to use.

What could be causing the delay when waking via kb/mouse?

Hi guys!

Thanks to macaddictcr and everyone else in this forum, I was able to build my own Bluetooth inside a 4-port hub on my first try!!

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

Total cost of making the above was about $10.00!!! (Apple A1114 BT module $3.99, BT Antenna $3.99, USB Hub on sale $1.99)

Again, thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 523
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 664
  • IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 370
ectoplasmosis said:
ectoplasmosis said:

Any tips?

I've now realised that when waking from sleep by pushing the power button, the bluetooth keyboard & mouse are instantly connected and ready to use.

Any ideas?

ectoplasmosis said:
ectoplasmosis said:
ectoplasmosis said:

Any tips?

Any ideas?

I read somewhere within this thread that the delay may be caused by the connection to the USB port on the motherboard where the power is not supplied quick enough during the sleep/wake process - I believe real Macs have the BT module connected directly on the logic board and not a USB.

One option to get this delay fix (I think this should solve it) is to mount the BT module to a mini PCIe to PCIe adapter and use the adapter's +3.3v line - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=54934.

You could try the above, or wait a couple of weeks until I post my results - I'm going to try the PCIe method when I get all the parts (waiting for the PCIe adapter).

:thumbup: :wave:

That wouldn't explain the fact that kb/mouse are active instantly when waking from sleep by pressing the actual power button...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back