Contribute
Register

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Chameleon. Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte EP45
CPU
E6600
Graphics
430GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Apple bluetooth dongle (Cambridge Silicon Radio) and currently a Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard.

The keyboard doesn't work until I boot into Snow Leopard.

If I get an Apple Bluetooth keyboard, will I be able to use it to select which partition I want to boot into on Chameleon/Chimera.

nope buy a $10 wired keyboard and mouse for fiddling round with the bios etc - should be part of your "kit"

Yeah, I have a USB wired keyboard on the top of the case anyway :).

Don't mind not being able to get into the bios with a bluetooth keyboard. Just want to be able to select which OS to boot into :(

Not sure what you mean by Apple bluetooth dongle since Apple doesn't make a bluetooth dongle. Do you mean you made one using an Apple bluetooth chip, or do you have a bluetooth dongle made by someone else? Most bluetooth dongles are finnicky about one thing or another. Apparently the best solution is to buy an Apple bluetooth board gutted from a real mac and use that. I think those work outside the OS and can be used at boot to choose OSes.

Sorry, I followed the guide to use a MacBook Pro bluetooth 'chip' and hooked it up to a USB port.

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.4.0f1
Hardware Settings:
Address: 00-1B-63-44-5D-DB
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Firmware Version: v1965
Bluetooth Power: Off
Discoverable: Yes
Vendor ID: 0x5ac
Product ID: 0x8205
HCI Version: 3 (0x3)
HCI Revision: 1965 (0x7ad)
LMP Version: 3 (0x3)
LMP Subversion: 1965 (0x7ad)
Requires Authentication: No

D-an-W said:
I can tell you it works with Belkin bluetooth dongles.

Also, what model?
And does it wake from sleep also?

I just setup Bluetooth using a Zoom USB adapter and am now typing this on an Apple Wireless Keyboard. It is Zoom model 4314. After plugin and reboot works great. It wakes the computer from sleep. :clap:

edit: added a magic mouse, The mouse has no problems, even on startup, but now the keyboard is intermittent on startup. Will do more testing. :eek:

edit 2: OK, change to a Macally wireless keyboard, no loss on startup with the mighty mouse. This has been my normal keyboard/mouse combo on my iMac (late 2010) as I have to have a number pad. Will update with any changes.

edit 3: overnight sleep, bluetooth lost connection to keyboard, but not mighty mouse.

zoom bluetooth - http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0305798
Macally keyboard - http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0316154

Using a Apple BT chip (CSR, some others are Broadcom), my Keysonic KSK-3201 MacBT keyboard works in Chameleon after cold start and also wakes the computer from sleep (only tested within a few minutes from going to sleep), which makes me assume a Mac BT keyboard should work fine as well. I have as we speak 3 other Apple BT chips coming my way so I will be juggling around with these as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back