Contribute
Register

Anyone running a GA-Z77-D3H successfully installed Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-D3H
CPU
i5 2500K OC @ 4.40GHz
Graphics
Nvidia 580GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to work out how big of a headache it will be :). My current hackintosh is still running Lion 10.7.4. I've read that someone people got this mobo fully working for Mountain Lion, myself I was never able to get Wake from Sleep or the on-board audio working (I use USB audio so that was never a big problem).

Also anyone know if a DSDT is required? my current build is overclocked and it was necessary with Lion to edit a DSDT with extra p-states so OSX recognized the overclock.

I have the same board and had 10.8 running almost 100% (all including audio working but no mic). Last weekend I decided to upgrade to Mavericks in an overconfident mood.. but it turned out to be a battle. I made the insane mistake to start the update from inside my hackintosh instead of using the unibeast method. Don't ask me why or how I could be so stupid but I just got so used to my mac that I forgot the fact that it is in fact a hack instead of 'the real deal'.
So I ****ed the system trying this.. And it just put the hackintosh rebooting almost directly after the bios loaded. Even with the unibeast usb I created later it kept doing this.
I ended up having to reset my boards cmos with a jumper but.. After that all went LIKE A CHARM
I went to the unibeast mavericks install with a -x -v PCIRootUID=1 bootoption - installed the whole thing, booted into the new install with the same setting (finding my whole sysytem in perfect order) and used the multibeast.. Rebooted and i am now running Mavericks perfectly and notacibly faster!

I never had the sleep problem before and not now either.. I have rev. 1.1 board on f14 maybe that's it. What do you mean by osx 'recognizing' your overclock? I have my system on 4,5 ghz stable overclock (verified in win8) but osx won't show that.. I tried various stuff but never got the osx to show the true clockspeed.. I gave up presuming the oc is there although it wont show right?

Hope this helps you, update is easy just don't be a stupid ass like i was! ;)

Using this mobo with a i5-3570k processor and onboard video. The Mavericks installer booted up in the correct resolution and I installed Mavericks on a newly partitioned SSD. Rebooted and it's mostly there, correct resolution from the off, ethernet works, sleep works, audio doesn't. I had a USB sound device going spare so I've got that attached right now, but ideally I'd like to get onboard audio working. I have Multibeast, of course, but haven't ran it yet, I'm trying to move over all my apps before I go screwing around with kexts again.

Interestingly Mavericks has frozen a couple of times (no KP, just no response at all on the screen to mouse or keyboard commands) and hard-resetting the machine took me back to the system as it was just before the freezing. Not a bad feature ;)

Trying to work out how big of a headache it will be :). My current hackintosh is still running Lion 10.7.4. I've read that someone people got this mobo fully working for Mountain Lion, myself I was never able to get Wake from Sleep or the on-board audio working (I use USB audio so that was never a big problem).

Also anyone know if a DSDT is required? my current build is overclocked and it was necessary with Lion to edit a DSDT with extra p-states so OSX recognized the overclock.

i have the same board, i use on board audio and sleep work... Use the ethernet and audio drivers from multibeast 5.43, the latter ones arent very stable and cause the chrome static issue, cause your network to drop on mavericks. install mavericks and multibeast 6.0 and then reboot and install the audio and ethernet from 5.43. and repair permissions and reboot... the sleep is off by a minute or two with mavericks, on mountain lion the darkwake=8 was necessary. I use the profile for a mac 3.1, imac profiles would cause the build to be unstable. you will need the nvram file for your imessage to work.

does anyone know how to stop the american trends splash window from showing up at boot? Ive turned off the logo screen and this still pops up right after power up, I like to do quiet boots..

thanks
bok fok

I never had the sleep problem before and not now either.. I have rev. 1.1 board on f14 maybe that's it. What do you mean by osx 'recognizing' your overclock? I have my system on 4,5 ghz stable overclock (verified in win8) but osx won't show that.. I tried various stuff but never got the osx to show the true clockspeed.. I gave up presuming the oc is there although it wont show right?

Hope this helps you, update is easy just don't be a stupid ass like i was! ;)

Thanks, I'm gonna give it a shot.

The sleep issue could be BIOS related, due to an issue detecting pressing the delete/F12 key during boot up gigabyte recommended I update to the F18 BIOS which solved that issue, but I could never get OSX to wake from sleep after that.

With regards to clock speed, it never shows in About This Mac, but with HWMonitor and GeekTool I was able to verify the system at least stepped between the 16x and 44x p-states meaning it was using my full over clock. To achieve this I had to mess about with some bios settings and also add two additional p-states to the OverClocked SSDT in Multibeast 4.6.1 (which was current when I originally built my hack)

i have the same board, i use on board audio and sleep work... Use the ethernet and audio drivers from multibeast 5.43, the latter ones arent very stable and cause the chrome static issue, cause your network to drop on mavericks. install mavericks and multibeast 6.0 and then reboot and install the audio and ethernet from 5.43. and repair permissions and reboot... the sleep is off by a minute or two with mavericks, on mountain lion the darkwake=8 was necessary. I use the profile for a mac 3.1, imac profiles would cause the build to be unstable. you will need the nvram file for your imessage to work.

Thanks for the heads up on the potential stability issues with ethernet and audio. I already use the 3.1 profile I had a similar stability issue in Lion without it :).

I used usb mulltibeast/unibeast method.
Everything works, exept copying from network. When load on net card is high, osx sometime freezes.
Onboard audio works perfectly, including mic.
Gona try multibeast 5.43 driver and hopefuly this resolve copying over network. Low load, surfing the net, never crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back