Contribute
Register

Any word on compatibility with troubled XFX HD 5770 Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a couple issues crop up since my last post, which are, on startup the preBIOS screen (Amercan Megatrends logo page for example, I have an Asus board) will be garbled beyond use. If I hit the restart button it will come up correctly on the next boot. Sometimes, less frequently, the BIOS screen will be skewed to the right by about 30%. If I boot into Lion using the chameleon menu it does not correct itself. If I boot into Win 7 it will correct the offset once it gets to the desktop.

I did some googling and the only thing that jumped out at me was this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/291297-30-have-uefi-radeon-isolate
about the 9th post down...

so if this is what is happening to my setup (as my mobo is an Asus - sorry my sig isn't updated) then the solution as I see it, if I want to keep using this card- is to get a gigabyte mobo.

To be honest since the problem only happens at boot, it is not a huge issue, just an annoyance.

Hi guys, I'm using a HD-577X-ZNFB3. Apparantly I'm the only one on the planet using this particular BIOS version :p. I'm thinking about flashing but it seems that doesn't work for everybody. What would you advice me to do? I've installed Lion 10.7.3.

Legionariopk said:
Got a 577A-ZNFC as well. Flashed the bios and it's kinda working now.
things went well during the post install process ( Lion 7.3 ) but after a few hours of using the system i just got my screen flickering and ending up with weird diogonal lines forcing me to reboot. So, is there anyone running experiencing the same?

I too am getting this issue. Has anyone found a fix? I might add that I DID NOT flash my card.

Fixed it by reverting to the 10.6 drivers. Wonder if reflashing bios would let me use the new drivers.

Whoa! Just installed 10.7.3 on my hackintosh with zero issues. The earlier system was a 10.6.7. Graphics card is an XFX 577X-ZNFC. No bios flashes. No ktexts post lion install. No flags for either the installer or the system. Used the xMove method.

Edit - Have updated to 10.7.4 through software update. No glitches so far.

Can anyone please help me out; this is a request for a working XFX HD-577X-ZNFC rom. OR if you have a working XFX HD-577A-ZNFC .rom file that would be greatly appreciated. If you used kext edits to get it working with the corresponding rom, i'd be a great mention. I have tried multiple guides and roms, none of which seem to be working for my build. More information at this thread

TIA

aceutosh said:
Whoa! Just installed 10.7.3 on my hackintosh with zero issues. The earlier system was a 10.6.7. Graphics card is an XFX 577X-ZNFC. No bios flashes. No ktexts post lion install. No flags for either the installer or the system. Used the xMove method.

Edit - Have updated to 10.7.4 through software update. No glitches so far.

What version of the bios? That seems to be important. I kept getting issues.

If you could find that out i would be willing to reflash mine to that to make sure we both see the same results.

As it is right now, i have flashed mine to the gigabyte card. works well but doesnt work with hdmi, i have to use dvi.

Devataa said:
Can anyone please help me out; this is a request for a working XFX HD-577X-ZNFC rom. OR if you have a working XFX HD-577A-ZNFC .rom file that would be greatly appreciated. If you used kext edits to get it working with the corresponding rom, i'd be a great mention. I have tried multiple guides and roms, none of which seem to be working for my build. More information at this thread

TIA

I have the HD-577A-ZNFR, I would imagine that the bios/rom should be nearly the same. I can get you a copy of it this evening if you like, just reply to this thread and I will upload it for you.

Dr_Oh said:
Devataa said:

TIA

I have the HD-577A-ZNFR, I would imagine that the bios/rom should be nearly the same. I can get you a copy of it this evening if you like, just reply to this thread and I will upload it for you.

Thank you good sir, but a modified ROM I found here worked for me. Attached are the files by user Martva's bios. His Mac rom files worked for me. Now I get OOB support. Note, I used Atiflash Utility through DOS, and had to force the flash, the SSID changed. It worked for me! :-D

Attachments

• HD577AZNFC.zip
    134.8 KB · Views: 224
Devataa said:
Thank you good sir, but a modified ROM I found here worked for me. Attached are the files by user Martva's bios. His Mac rom files worked for me. Now I get OOB support. Note, I used Atiflash Utility through DOS, and had to force the flash, the SSID changed. It worked for me! :-D

I tried that a while back w/o using the DOS flash and didn't have any luck. However, maybe I should give it another go with DOS. I am just paranoid about bricking my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back