Contribute
Register

Any word on compatibility with troubled XFX HD 5770 Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
marky_91 said:
Wondering if something like this would work for me too? How/where do I install it?

:)

I've copied the files library -> extensions or something like that
It didn't work

I've also tried both the kext enablers that comes with multibeast

What & where did you guys use to put these files
Just use kext helper to install them all in one go

Thanks I've tried that one but I drag and drop the files to Kext Helper
but the easy install button doesn't appear, if I click in the password box then enter it does but a couple of seconds later it says my passwords invalid
Help? I don't have a password on my Hackintosh I simply press enter when the login screen appears or I need to install an app, is there some sort of master password for this?

I added a password to my account it installed the files I reset, didn't work
I reinstalled and then repaired cache and permission, didn't work

:( I'm already running Lion could this be why?

I'll reinstall SL then put Lion back on at some point, maybe today... It take's along time though

But this time I'll do it right! Sounds the thing I miss the most

I just updated to 10.7.1. After the mandatory reboot I had to reapply the 10.6.7 ATI kexts (and the applehda rollback from multibeast to have sound). Everything works now.

gpicon said:
I just updated to 10.7.1. After the mandatory reboot I had to reapply the 10.6.7 ATI kexts (and the applehda rollback from multibeast to have sound). Everything works now.
Thanks for the update. I think i'll give it a go.

illmatic24 said:
gpicon said:
Thanks for the update. I think i'll give it a go.
Worked just fine for me too. Had to boot into safe mode using "GraphicsEnabler=No arch=i386 -x" and rollback the 10.6.7 drivers.

Guys, To get the XFX HD 5770 to work in either 10.6.8 or 10.7 use this driver patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gbl7co6eovgi81e

To get Lion to install, use the following parameters: GraphicsEnabler=No -x
at install and at first boot.

Once you have logged on, run the ATI Driver Package (credit to whomever put it together - I found it by accident using Google.) Once you install this package, you will no longer need to use the parameters above.

One my Gigabyte motherboard, all I had to do was install the audio driver afterwards. Everything seems to be working ok.

-Joe
Jsampo YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

jsampo, you are NOT the man....that damn patch rendered my test drive useless and my main drive....this makes no sense at all.

I rolled back, uninstalled and restarted Lion started up in GraphicsEnabler=No -x and it loads, tried to reinstall the old kexts and it says it was successful but when I look for the kexts they're not there...if I drop them into the folder and repair permissions I get a hardcore freeze at POST. I know this isn't normal because it's freezing at post.

Can anyone give me a hand?

much thanks in advance
J

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. It has worked for me on three separate systems.

Good luck getting any help.

jsampo said:
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. It has worked for me on three separate systems.

Good luck getting any help.

dude, no worries, it's a really strange problem I've been having. If I follow your instructions but install the kexts manually it works...but when I replicate it on another drive it completely melts down the entire machine.

Your post did actually help me quite a bit in the beginning so for that you ARE the man :)

Hey I've tried installing those Kexts with Kext Helper b7 aswell as Kext Beast

Kext Beast doesn't seem to work
and the Kext Helper always crashes and I have to force quit which then I think deletes any Kexts it might have saved

I've installed 10.6.7 on a partition and I'm going to try and upgrade to 10.6.8 this time (Last time I skipped it and went to Lion) then install Lion
How ever I feel I'm simply going to ruin this partition

everything works fine ATM but when I boot I need to enter GraphicEnabler=no
I'm running in 64bit
I found a program (on one of the pages here) called 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector which changes the kernal to 64

Any other kext installer programs or does it always crash?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back