Contribute
Register

Any word on compatibility with troubled XFX HD 5770 Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirm TooSixy's excellent SpeedStep & Sleep also working, I just had to add IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext as my Windows 7 partitions where mounted on my Lion desktop. Using dsdt also bumped my GeekBench score to 11500 stock clock!

Thanks cochon and others..!

I flashed my 577A-ZNFC and my Lion is now booting. :thumbup:

SapientSlayer said:
i5 760, GA-P55A-UD3, XFX 5770 running on 10.7 lion with no flashing of GPU!

GUIDE: I had a running build with 10.6.7 so anything before i cant comment on

1. to upgrade to 10.6.8 i first backed up ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kext from 10.6.7.

2. download and install combo update 10.6.8(not software update.

3. DO NOT RESTART... you need to install ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kext using kextbeast then repair permissions and cache.

4. RESTART and 10.6.8 should work.

5. download lion from app store and follow tonymacs xmove instructions... if everything installs then restart.

6. at chimera boot screen boot into installer partition using GraphicEnabler=no -x

7. this should boot you into lion installation. install and restart

8. at chimera boot screen boot with GraphicEnabler=no -x on Partition you installed lion on.(first time i did this i got a KP but restarted and did it again no problem)

9.once in lion i did the same thing as i did in 10.6.8 with ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kext from 10.6.7 and repaired permissions and cache.

10. restart and booted into 10.7

Thats basically what i've done and have 10.7 working on non flashed 5770 w/ 3 screens
DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort.

I have a working 10.6.7 install, and an installed 10.7.

I could only boot into lion and install lion with "GraphicsEnabler=no -x". I tried copying the 3 kext's from 10.6.7 put them on my Lion Desktop, ran KextBeast.. Then when I restarted, no matter what; I got a Kernel Panic.

"GraphicsEnabler=no -x" doesn't let me in either.

My only solution to get back into Lion was to use Multibeast 3.7.2, and Install the "Ati 1.6.34.13" drivers.

Once there then I could get back into Lion, with limited graphics ability. "GraphicsEnabler=no -x"

My 5770 is the "X" model HD-577X-ZNFC. I'd be willing to flash the firmware on the vid card if need be, but from what I read the problem was with the 577A models..

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry that I can't be of help right now...but I have another Problem with my XFX 5770 single slot card:
I'm using the MinidisplayPort on Cinema Display. The 10.6.8 Update broke the MinidisplayPort (Couldn't check DVI cause I don't have another Monitor with DVI).
Now that Problem was fixed by using the oder ATI Kexts from 10.6.7.

BUUUUT...now with 10.7 I did the same thing and I got it to boot and the resolution is there. The performance is really bad though, I think there is no quartz extreme support with lion and the old kexts :(

Does anybody have a similar problem? Anything I could try to fix that?
Cheers!
Fleisch

Ok...I'll post the solution to my problem (Just copying, thx to redratto):
With the modyfied next + graphicsenabler=yes I got my 5770 to work fine!

redratto wrote:
Right now I am running Lion 10.7 with vanilla kexts on ATI 5770 (XFX HD-577X-ZMF3) and ACD 27” connected to MiniDP with full acceleration. Cinebench score of 37.

Anyways, here is what I did. Used vanilla kexts for 10.7. In ATI5000Controller.kext, opened Info.plist and replaced Langur with Vervet. Saved and repaired permissions. That’s it.

The reason acceleration did not work before was that I was missing the ATIRadeonX3000 plugin and bundle files--not sure why they did not copy over.

Regarding the framebuffer discussion from above, turns out the drivers for the Vervet framebuffer, while not mentioned in Info.plist of the ATI5000Controller.kext, are present in the controller file. When you open the controller file in Hexedit you can see references to Vervet. Without a reference to Vervet in ATI5000Controller.kext only the DVI ports will work on the card. By replacing Langur with Vervet, the system activates the MiniDP on the card again.

SapientSlayer said:
i5 760, GA-P55A-UD3, XFX 5770 running on 10.7 lion with no flashing of GPU!

GUIDE: I had a running build with 10.6.7 so anything before i cant comment on

1. to upgrade to 10.6.8 i first backed up ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kext from 10.6.7.

2. download and install combo update 10.6.8(not software update.

3. DO NOT RESTART... you need to install ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kext using kextbeast then repair permissions and cache.

4. RESTART and 10.6.8 should work.

5. download lion from app store and follow tonymacs xmove instructions... if everything installs then restart.

6. at chimera boot screen boot into installer partition using GraphicEnabler=no -x

7. this should boot you into lion installation. install and restart

8. at chimera boot screen boot with GraphicEnabler=no -x on Partition you installed lion on.(first time i did this i got a KP but restarted and did it again no problem)

9.once in lion i did the same thing as i did in 10.6.8 with ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kext from 10.6.7 and repaired permissions and cache.

10. restart and booted into 10.7

You sir, are a boss.

My HIS 5850 was having the blank screen / display port issue when updating to 10.6.8.

The above instructions fixed that; the update worked. Clearly the ATI kexts in the 10.6.8 are the issue here.

Will finish up by installing Lion tomorrow.

Really, really appreciated. :D

jsampo said:
Guys, To get the XFX HD 5770 to work in either 10.6.8 or 10.7 use this driver patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gbl7co6eovgi81e

To get Lion to install, use the following parameters: GraphicsEnabler=No -x
at install and at first boot.

Once you have logged on, run the ATI Driver Package (credit to whomever put it together - I found it by accident using Google.) Once you install this package, you will no longer need to use the parameters above.

One my Gigabyte motherboard, all I had to do was install the audio driver afterwards. Everything seems to be working ok.

-Joe

Got my XFX GD 577A ZNFC working with this program

How ever I've installed so much rubbish with Multibeast I've got programs called Vodoo in the Settings folder which I think is stopping my sound from working

Also I can only boot up in Safe mode (-x) I'm going to try a couple more times and maybe reinstall Chimera

-P.s I like the upside down scrolling on a laptop but not on my mouse x_x

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-26 at 11.14.21.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-26 at 11.14.21.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 270
I wasted a couple days on this also struggling with the XFX 5770. I simply flashed it with the Gigabyte Batman bios and everything just works now. This is a reference 5770 card so the bios should be easily interchangeable between like reference cards and vendors with low risk of bricking. I actually used the dos boot method so I could easily use the force command line option. It took an only 30 seconds to flash, wasted more time making a win98 boot disk via cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back