Contribute
Register

Any reason why system security is always unlocked after startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77MA-G45
CPU
i7 3770K Ivy Bridge
Graphics
EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX 660Ti SLI 3GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I noticed that after startup the system security is always unlocked. I can click lock and that works, but then after restart, the security lock is again off.

Is this a bug, trojan? Is there a fix? Anyone else notice this?

Does anyone else have this issue? Can you check by setting the lock on your system, turning it off and on and see what happens?

Anyone out there than can help on this issue? I'm thinking there needs to be some type of editing done to the system profile to prevent this. I figure when logging off, something is changing the status.

No one has any insight as to why this happens or what to look for to fix this?

this feature is only in ml yes it works both ways. always have odds are u have disk permission errors run disk utility

this feature is only in ml yes it works both ways. always have odds are u have disk permission errors run disk utility

Well the "unlocked" icon only shows on the "network" tab in System Preferences. It shows "locked" on the other tabs. Rather strange.

I also ran disk utility to verify permissions and it 's greyed out for the root so I cannot run permissions. For the ML directory I get a message "No package can be found for this disk. Error: No installer packages can be found for this disk." My system is up and running for a better than a month now with no issues. Everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back