Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Heya Forum!

I changed out my old XFX 6950 for a Sapphire 6870 (6950 will never be fully supported)

My main issues are - DVD Player Crashing & No Brightness Slider, my keyboard won't change brightness at all either... So, help?

ALSO when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I get stuck at the white-greyish screen you get just before the logon screen loads.

Thanks forum! :)

1) Using those settings, I just get a black screen after the Apple logo with the spinning circle under it... the graphics card doesn't recognise my monitor AT ALL using those settings -_- Thanks for your input though :)

2) My main issue however is the fact that I can't increase or decrease my screen brightness using my keyboard and I have no brightness slider

hocus86 said:
But will multiple monitors work?
I only have one monitor but i read somewhere (if I remember well) it should with PCIRootUID=0
conservative said:
1) Using those settings, I just get a black screen after the Apple logo with the spinning circle under it... the graphics card doesn't recognise my monitor AT ALL using those settings -_- Thanks for your input though :)

2) My main issue however is the fact that I can't increase or decrease my screen brightness using my keyboard and I have no brightness slider
Do you use chimera 1.7? Where do you get stuck in verbose mode?

Sorry but i don't know anything about the brightness :confused:

tom214 said:
hocus86 said:
But will multiple monitors work?
I only have one monitor but i read somewhere (if I remember well) it should with PCIRootUID=0
conservative said:

Do you use chimera 1.7? Where do you get stuck in verbose mode?

Sorry but i don't know anything about the brightness :confused:

I don't get stuck in Verbose mode... The OS loads up fine but as soon as it hits the login screen I can't see a thing because the Duckweed frame buffer mentioned above doesn't work with my Sapphire HD6870... I have to use the Bulrushes frame buffer and that causes my mouse to lag :/

brightness from the keyboard controls only works if you are using an apple cinema display

samisnake said:
brightness from the keyboard controls only works if you are using an apple cinema display

samisnake so if I buy an Apple Cinema, it'll work? I'm using the Lotus frame buffer because I use HDMI and Duckweed doesn't work with HDMI. would that change whether brightness control works or not?

Is there any Kext or DSDT edit which would enable brightness on my Sony TV that I use as a monitor? :(

on the cinema displays, there is a usb cable alongside the video connector and power connector.
you have to have the usb cable connected in order to get brightness controls. this baffled me at first, as i was wondering why mine didnt work anymore after removing the usb cables from the tower.

with 3rd party monitors, you get brightness controls on the actual monitors (led cinema displays dont have any brightness controls on the actual monitor).
use the remote or buttons on the sony tv to control brightness.
buying an ACD just to be able to use F1 and F2 is crazy

Theres a program called Shades that can control your monitor brightness. Just assign hot keys to it.

The "native" monitor brightness control only works with Apple cinema displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back