Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

Hope all is well with everyone.

Ok so I ran some tests tonight after running a stable system for a few weeks now and think i may be low scores on my bench marking.

I have OC the system to 4.0ghz (although i cant see where to check the system is running at that clock)

here are my results

GeekBench 13783

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/487685

Xbench 272.50

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=552380

Cinebench
MHZ=3410.000000 Here it showed at stock level?????
PROCESSOR=Intel Core i7-2600K CPU
OPENGLVENDOR=ATI Technologies Inc.
OPENGLCARD=ATI Radeon HD 5870 OpenGL Engine
OPENGLVERSION=2.1 ATI-1.6.36
CBTYPE=64 BIT
OSVERSION=OS X 10.6.8
CBCPU1=0.000000
CBCPUX=7.769102
CBOPENGL=36.327297
CBOPENGLQUALITY=99.307182

My question is am i hitting a good score or am i hampered somewhere????

my setup is in my sig. My version is Mac pro 3.1 does that have any relevance????

Thanks all for any help at all

i noticed from your link of your geekbench it said core 4 threads 8 ...mine (see picture) says 8 cores 8 threads.. I'm wondering if you made mac profiler different like a iMac mine is a mac pro 3.1.. also i over clocked it very stable at 4.8 . i have 16 gig ram ddr3 1600 don't worry about what it say's i set the multiplier at 100 x 48 in bios making the chip run at 4.8 MHz mine doesn't say 4.8 anywhere except in bios. and maybe windows 7

Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 7.46.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 7.49.30 PM.png

check to see in bios if (i can't for the life of me remember what its called) i think its speed step... i turned mine off i have to shut down go into bios then see what its called lol sorry.. anyway i turned that off and i had increased bump in bench marks also make sure your cpu volts does not exceed 1.4 ....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 7.46.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 7.46.33 PM.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 7.49.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-27 at 7.49.30 PM.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 335
Ok thanks

I have only clocked by upping the multiplier to 40.

I think I noticed volts were 1.5 but I didn't change anything it's just on auto but the grayed out number is 1.5

Also I don't have an ssd so dies that massively effect score?

What can I do to increase performance ??

heck that looks like a real decent score to me. Im sure you could get more by tweaking etc, but a lot dont even get that high a score

Thanks too. I cant really tell of the score is good as when I compare to similar systems on geekbench it seems low but I can't tell the exact system details

i have to agree with haxx187 you defiantly have a good score but with your cpu you can achieve higher score without killing the cpu.. i'm limited because in win 7 it runs a lot hotter.. i duel boot... ssd will definitely increase performance did you check if speed step is disabled in bios? if it isn't disable it and run geek bench again see if your score improves
just make sure your cpu volts does not exceed 1.4.... i'm curious while your at it change the multiplier too.... post results :headbang:

Its pretty good. Bare in mind that I got about 12882 on stock speeds and I run a UD3R version. I dont reasly know if 13.7 from 4hz is expected or not. I get 15 and a bit from 4.3 ghz so I am guessing your not hitting your full potential.

The only piece of information missing here is what memory you have and how it is set up in BIOS because that will impact your score to a fair extent.

I would be really keen if you could do a Geekbench using these settings: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=33692

Please report back on what you get, thanks.

Also sone overclocked systems have been shown to perform better with nullcpupowermanagement.kext and sleepenabler.kext.

My feeling is that this trick relates more to wether or not you hand PM switched off on bios, which most overclocks do.

My overclock is a conservative one that doesn't turn off PM.

magestrate said:
i have to agree with haxx187 you defiantly have a good score but with your cpu you can achieve higher score without killing the cpu.. i'm limited because in win 7 it runs a lot hotter.. i duel boot... ssd will definitely increase performance did you check if speed step is disabled in bios? if it isn't disable it and run geek bench again see if your score improves
just make sure your cpu volts does not exceed 1.4.... i'm curious while your at it change the multiplier too.... post results :headbang:

Sorry I totally missed your post

I have 8gb skill rip jaws 1600mhz I have not changed anything in bios regards to them

I have not installed the kexts (should I??)

Also what is PM in bios?

Thanks pal I can bench once I know what I need to do

yeah dont do anything in regards to your memory leave it be. while your in post during power up press what button you need for your motherboard to get into bios.... then look around for speedstep it should be in the advance tab area

Are you using 32 bit geekbench? It's only fair to compare test results taken with the same version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back