Contribute
Register

Alternate NVIDIA Web Drivers updated to 331.01.01f04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set it to MacPro3,1, restart, run the installer and see if that works. Have you tried installing versions 331.01.01b07, then 331.01.01f02 beforehand? Vers. 331.01.01b07 can be installed on 10.9.0 or 9.1, and system def can't be 6,1, only the others. Vers. 331.01.01f02 can only be installed on 10.9.2 and and system def can't be 6,1, only the others. 331.01.01f04 can only be installed on 10.9.2 and and system def can be 6,1.

Yes I've tried the other versions too. Will I get any other compatibility issues if I change system definition to Mac Pro 3,1? I'm running the 4930k with clover.

Yes I've tried the other versions too. Will I get any other compatibility issues if I change system definition to Mac Pro 3,1? I'm running the 4930k with clover.

Okay so what version of the Web Drivers do u have installed right now and what version of Mavericks are u using? The point of changing your System definitions is to trick the Mac into thinking you have an compatible version of mavericks so the driver installation will work. After it is installed, you switch the Smbios back to the sys def you had before.

Okay so what version of the Web Drivers do u have installed right now and what version of Mavericks are u using? The point of changing your System definitions is to trick the Mac into thinking you have an compatible version of mavericks so the driver installation will work. After it is installed, you switch the Smbios back to the sys def you had before.

I dont have any version of the web drivers installed, none of them have worked so far.

I'm on sysdef Mac Pro 6,1 with Mavericks 10.9.2. Yes I get the trick, I'm just scared it will ruin something else if I change the system definition to 3,1. (This is my first hackintosh :))

I dont have any version of the web drivers installed, none of them have worked so far.

I'm on sysdef Mac Pro 6,1 with Mavericks 10.9.2. Yes I get the trick, I'm just scared it will ruin something else if I change the system definition to 3,1. (This is my first hackintosh :))

Well first off, rule of thumb is to always back up ur hack before installing any major updates (i.e., CCC). And second, the only reason why you'll need vers. 331.01.01f04 is if ur graphics broke after Security Update 2014-002 (04-22-2014) installed on ur hack. Otherwise it won't work and you'll have to refer to version 331.01.01f02 which requires sys def 5,1 or below.

Well first off, rule of thumb is to always back up ur hack before installing any major updates (i.e., CCC). And second, the only reason why you'll need vers. 331.01.01f04 is if ur graphics broke after Security Update 2014-002 (04-22-2014) installed on ur hack. Otherwise it won't work and you'll have to refer to version 331.01.01f02 which requires sys def 5,1 or below.

Ok, I will try to set the smbios to 5,1 and try to install the latest driver. Do you just need to change the <string>Mac Pro 6,1</string> to <string>Mac Pro 5,1</string> in the Config.plist for it to change?e

Big thanks for help!

Ok, I will try to set the smbios to 5,1 and try to install the latest driver. Do you just need to change the <string>Mac Pro 6,1</string> to <string>Mac Pro 5,1</string> in the Config.plist for it to change?e

Big thanks for help!
I currently use Chameleon (b/c my motherboard isn't compatible w/ Clover) so in regards to how OS X reads the smbios.plist, it is a little foreign for me to explain how to change ur sys def. I use apps like "Chameleon Wizard", "Champlist" and "Lizard" which automates a smbios.plist for Chameleon users. Since you're using Clover, if I'm not mistaken, there's this app called "Clover Configurator" which is supposed to automate plists for Clover users as well. Be sure to backup ur original plist first. In the SMBIOS section, click the magic wand to select a SMBIOS relevant to your hardware and sys def ur looking for. If u need more instruction, I would suggest finding a guide online that walks u through changing the sys def. Make sure you have Security Update 2014-002 installed first or you will be wasting your time.

I currently use Chameleon (b/c my motherboard isn't compatible w/ Clover) so in regards to how OS X reads the smbios.plist, it is a little foreign for me to explain how to change ur sys def. I use apps like "Chameleon Wizard", "Champlist" and "Lizard" which automates a smbios.plist for Chameleon users. Since you're using Clover, if I'm not mistaken, there's this app called "Clover Configurator" which is supposed to automate plists for Clover users as well. Be sure to backup ur original plist first. In the SMBIOS section, click the magic wand to select a SMBIOS relevant to your hardware and sys def ur looking for. If u need more instruction, I would suggest finding a guide online that walks u through changing the sys def. Make sure you have Security Update 2014-002 installed first or you will be wasting your time.

Yeah, okey. I guess I will have to read a little before I do anything. I have the security update installed.
Thanks so much for the help! I will come back here if it still doesn't work :)

Thanks again!

Yeah, okey. I guess I will have to read a little before I do anything. I have the security update installed.
Thanks so much for the help! I will come back here if it still doesn't work :)

Thanks again!
No problem

No problem

Hi,

I got it to work, I installed the drivers that is specified in this thread. Now to performance and such, I got like 64 fps in cinebench which seems kinda low to me considering people getting like 75 fps with the GTX 770. The card is also recognized with 0 VRAM which is strange.

You got any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I got it to work, I installed the drivers that is specified in this thread. Now to performance and such, I got like 64 fps in cinebench which seems kinda low to me considering people getting like 75 fps with the GTX 770. The card is also recognized with 0 VRAM which is strange.

You got any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance.

Good for u. U finally got it installed. See, it wasn't that painful. But yeah that's strange. I got a GTX 680 Superclocked, and I think I was able to rank in the upper 90's, I can't remember exactly, maybe 96. As of typing this mssg, my Windows partition of my dual boot is loaded now. Make sure you changed system pref in the NVIDIA menu to utilize the Web drivers. Aside from that, I'm out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back